Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Bill Gates Hints On Xbox 2 [17672]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Bill Gates Hints On Xbox 2 [17672] Reply with quote

CNet News.com has conducted

an extensive interview with Microsoft chairman Bill Gates as he talks about various topics including the Xbox 2. Here's an excerpt:

What are some of the primary goals with Xbox 2?

Broadening the market, having media capabilities that when there's a PC, we connect up to that. Thi

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't blame ya Bill. ATI drivers do suck. I'm anticipating the days my pc's will be back running with nVidia.
CaptStar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit. I just got an Xbox for christmas and now ill have to buy an Xbox 2 eventually. Curse you Bill Gates.
steve-o
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Actually, the last few months in the United States, we outsold Sony with the PlayStation." :>
DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o yay wow they outsold sony in that month, too bad he didn't mention that sony still sold two times as much as xbox lol.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out selling the PS2 in America is easy. The Japanese PS2 (naturaly) outsells the XBox in Japan -which is a huge market that MS are having serious trouble gaining any ground on.

I personaly love some titles on the PS2 that will never be on an XBox. The same goes for the XBox, although i would love to have seen some XBox titles being released on the PC (which of course the XBox is Laughing ) namely Fable. Idiots have complained that they finished Fable in 8 hours! That's nothing to boast about other than the game is wasted on people like that, you can go on indefinately with the silver quests and chests,doors and fishing! LOL fishing is FUN!

Like i said, the PS2 does japanese horror/RPG very well (not crap like Manhunt) , the XBox is sports and racing -none of which are my favs. Although i'm buying 'Project Zero 2' for the XBox.

I'll buy *any* format that supports a wide range of genres -which is why i have both consoles.

Don't get me into the debate about monthly fees on top of my ISP to play my XBox online but NOT for my PS2......

Oh and here's a SCREAM for yah! "XBox shows the BSOD" ROFL

Quote:
Oops: Blue Screen Of Death Interrupts Gates' CES Show

By TechWeb News

Bill Gates' keynote presentation Wednesday night at the Consumer Electronics Show didn't quite go according to plan: glitches, including a dreaded "Blue Screen of Death," interrupted the show several times.
Microsoft's chairman, who shared the stage with late-night talk show host Conan O'Brien, kept his cool when Microsoft Media Center crashed during the presentation, and an Xbox displayed the blue screen of death.

As the Xbox went down for the count, the Microsoft executive running that part of the presentation, Garrett Young, said, "This is a little bit of demo karma, sorry, I'm out of system memory apparently. Yeah, so just imagine, if you will, that I was customizing my car and doing some really cool stuff."

O'Brien played to the crowd during the crashes with lines like "right now nine people are being fired," and "Who's in charge of Microsoft? Oh."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: