Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Thoughts? [40767]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Thoughts? [40767] Reply with quote

Now that you've seen it, what did you think? uot;The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in.uot; It's here!! It's time!! Lucasfilm and Disney present Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens, now playing in theaters worldwide. Does it live up to the hype? How does it compare to the Original Trilogy? Or is it

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not seen it yet.
I am not in a rush, either.
V-ampire
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HX wrote:

Once you see this, leave a comment below with your thoughts [...] Thanks Wink

Csimbi wrote:

I have not seen it yet.

Last edited by V-ampire on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
V-ampire
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it. It's a sci-fi action movie with a background theme inspired to star-wars and some cameos to reinforce the illusion.

All happens a lot faster and stronger.

Star Wars (the real trilogy, not the crappy one) was a fairly tale with Jedi and light sabers instead of knights, this is not.

They seem to have reused a lot of ideas from the previous movies and changed them a little.

Big weapon destroying planets...

Mission on foot to destroy something before a fleet arrives ...

Good with a pizza and very good for Disney
Bluerippin
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it, but it was not as good as I expected. And I saw the twist where Han's son kills him coming a mile off.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-ampire wrote:
HX wrote:

Once you see this, leave a comment below with your thoughts [...] Thanks Wink

Csimbi wrote:

I have not seen it yet.

It is not known what 'this' refers to in the article, so your nitpicking should be focusing on that.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've still not recovered from disney scrapping all of the expanded universe and starting over, allthough they've reused a lot from the books in some ways it's still not the same.

It's a good movie, it's a good star wars movie even, but it's not the same with that cubic metre of paper I've got having been turned into nothing.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, i was really hyped about this movie and now i can't believe how many people that say are fans of the original trilogy LOVE this movie.
It's a COPY>PASTE from the original trilogy.

Let me break it to you guys : SPOILERS :

A droid has important information that must be delivered to the good guys

so the bad guys hunt for the droid on a desert planet

Storm troopers raid a village, killing everyone

A girl is captured by the bad guys and the good guys rush to the base to the rescue.

The girl and the boy have a friend zone relationship through the film (Ep IV, Luke & Leia) the twist here will be that Rey and Kylo are siblings probably....... or Rey is the daughter of Luke......

The stormtroopers, elite soldiers of the bad guys, still can't hit a barn door. On the other hand, the good guys always hit, even when they use a weapon for the first time in their life

Supreme Leader Snoke = the ugliest and dullest character of all time. The concept artist must be crucified

The bad guys have a magnificent new weapon that can destroy planets

They use it to destroy a planet loyal to the rebels

The weapon has shields that can be destroyed by going down on the planet and disabling the shield generator

The epic villain wears a mask that distorts his voice (IV) and sadly, looks better with the mask on than without it.

The good guys can only destroy the weapon with an attack by X-Wings on the exact target

The X-Wings have to fly in a tight trench in order to reach their target

And so many, many more things wrong with this remake..... Jesus, Disney got us all. They spend so much on advertising, that this machine created the biggest hype of all time out of the best franchise out there.

let me mention a couple more things wrong with this movie.

Harrison Ford. This dude is old, i get it. He is known to not wanting to play in these movies anymore so they killed him, something he wanted a long time ago etc.
But dude, c'mon give some efford here. He was playing his role like an old grumpy man that doesnt give a shit. The scenes with Lea and him were terrible. I give credit to this shit to Abrams, the screenplay writers.
Han Solo wasnt Han Solo. Fin was! Get it ? Fin was the funny, little crazy smart talk ass, making jokes and pulling moves. He got the leather jacket and all, he will inherit it after Han, it is obvious.
Harrison Ford had the most boring lines and jokes of all times. Look at the old movies and youll see what i mean. He got character development that is iconic! Humor that is ICONIC!

Another Death Star, another X-wing flying in a trench and making that tight gap to blow it out. They made the Death Star bigger, offcourse - it's Jar Jar Abrams, GO BIG OR GO HOME. And they even showed it in a little hologram comparison, just so we get the idea. The funny thing is that just before the movie started they showed a trailer for the new Independence day - they are doing it too, the big ass ship that will get destroyed...... blah blah. We''ve seen it over the decades of Hollywood recycling, over and over again.

The scene with Solo and Ren on the bridge !?! Anyone else got this reference with Vader and Luke ? oh gosh.

Abrams, i hope you never get to make another movie but.... this won't happen. He will be glorified for this as the greatest filmmaker of our times or something. The reality is that he is just a copycat that grew up under Steven Spielbergs wings. Having Spielberg behind you will open any door for you and you'll make a career, thats for sure.

Abrams;s movies were just that, dull entertainment and nothing more. Nothing deep that will last for the generations.

And just if you think about it, the Star Wars universe has so much potential. So much that could happen. So much interesting things that wouldve happened after ep. 6.
Oh gosh, we probably will never get to see those.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, something went wrong. Please delete this post
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SW:FA is pretty much a carbon copy of the first original SW:ANH but throw in wayy too many "points of convenience". Now all the HDCam rips are appearing so no need to see it twice which people seem to be wanting to why I have no clue. scratch
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Movie sucked major ass. Talk about over-hyped hunk of shit. Nothing but a bad remake of the original movie. Zero fucking imagination. I'll grab whatever other junk they throw out in torrents, I'm not wasting my money on this crap. I wish I could un-see it. And that baseball fucking droid, wtf. Total piece of shit. Oh hey torture me, oh wait, I have the force! Making fucking Luke look like a total fucking retard as it took him a while and even to the end of the movies to use the force, she picks it up just like that, fuck off. Oh and ya, though I never fucking flew in a ship, ya Han I'll tell you everything wrong with your ship. Ya I'll sabre fight too with these spaghetti fucking whimp arms and take on the "trained" dark side fag with the dumbo fucking ears and not get killed. Ya as a matter of fact I'll put that puny male on the ground. They should have called the movie Super Fucking Barbie with the Dildo-Force. Fuck off Disney. Seriously, what a piece of fucking shit, I should have gotten my money back.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Sue (aka Rey) was the new Luke.. Go Girl Power! Own all, doesn't need much help, seems to know the force quite well for a severe noob. Mad Well, its rumoured she is a latent Jedi, offspring of true greatness so MAYBE that angle works when the next movie or two explains how she pulled all that off so well whereas every other Jedi had to learn the slow way. Perhaps she was a dormant experiment to quickly replenish the massive losses of Jedi? Plausible.. Confused
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Mary Sue (aka Rey) was the new Luke.. Go Girl Power! Own all, doesn't need much help, seems to know the force quite well for a severe noob. Mad Well, its rumoured she is a latent Jedi, offspring of true greatness so MAYBE that angle works when the next movie or two explains how she pulled all that off so well whereas every other Jedi had to learn the slow way. Perhaps she was a dormant experiment to quickly replenish the massive losses of Jedi? Plausible.. Confused

Whatever they do I don't care. As far as I'm concerned it sucked. Shitty story writing and the way they killed off Han Solo. Jeez was that just a little predictable. To me it was. So now we have a chick as the savior and a black guy. Yehawww.. Thanks for making Star Wars politically correct you fucking Disney retards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: