Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

The Power of DirectX 12 [41103]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: The Power of DirectX 12 [41103] Reply with quote

DirectX 12 is a ground-breaking Microsoft technology that gives game developers the ability to harness the full capabilities of a PC's GPU(s) and raise the bar on graphic fidelity and immersive gameplay. According to Microsoft, the following games take advantage of DirectX 12:

-

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my pc's including htpc are now on Win 10. No regrets here.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 month of using that autoupdating spyware laced metro lobotomized ugly looking piece of broken and bug infested shit OS last year was enough to convince me MS just see its customers as complete morons who just accept crap. I'm sure the average intelligence of a win8/10 user is a joke.

GDC this month and most game engines (unity, unreal, cryengine) only barely have proper support for dx12 (considering dx12 was finalized near 2 years ago as a spec, most the industry doesn't give a shit about MS tried and tested bullshit of segregating markets to force adoption of whatever shitpile its calling an desktop OS like win8/10. And steam still shows a fairly large amount of win7 users using what looks to be the last decent OS.

I'm sure most studios all see way more benefits for the industry in supporting Vulkan as an industry standard... which only got its spec finalized late last year but soon as engines like UE, Unity etc have all the ground work for changes like dx12, supporting Vulkan won't require such as a long a wait.

And at the end of the day gameplay > graphics
doodah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the neighbors complain about the froth coming out of Koogles windows when a Windows 8/10 article comes out..
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How coincidental, I went for a big huge shit and look who posted in the meantime. Seriously, what fag sits there all day long waiting for someone to post to a MS news article so he can finally chirp up with his usual bs ranting. You truly are a pathetic no-life piece of shit Koogle. Just shake my head wondering how a piece of shit like you hasn't been hit by a bus.

Oh if only... Koogle on his rant and then...
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:

That's because you're the fuking useful dolt that's why, the kind of retard who beta tests stinking turds like win10 and finds nothing wrong with it.

You should have just flushed yourself down the toilet tom, then we wouldn't have to read you dumbshit microsuck ass slurping posts.

"I wonder if the neighbors complain about the froth "

Nope, and are you another one of those dozy fucking win10 drone users?
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Tom wrote:

That's because you're the fuking useful dolt that's why, the kind of retard who beta tests stinking turds like win10 and finds nothing wrong with it.

You should have just flushed yourself down the toilet tom, then we wouldn't have to read you dumbshit microsuck ass slurping posts.

Loser.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These performance figures keep coming down (converging towards 0).
I guess as DX12 comes closer and becomes measurable, the bullshit won't stand anymore because people have hard evidence.
I suppose it's clear that this was yet another empty promise from MS - or marketing hype for Windows 10.
Seems that after all, there is no point going for Windows 10 just yet.

Best Windows for gaming my arse.
Fastest API adoption my arse.
And so on.
amra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to say "Keep calm guys.", but I'm kinda amused about your fight. ^^
To be honest Koogles rant will be the IT opening message in our dept tomorrow. This will bring some swing into the guys. :D
Drink a beer and discuss or just drink, but don't fight about the "freedom of choice". ;)
Btt, I will stay on 7 as long as MS does support it, fuck their stupid update policy, no matter I understand some of their doings as a business. Sadly Apple is perverting the consumerperspective, nobody can blame MS to try the same. But if MS want to stay a leader, they should next to the enduser start to support the business again AND give "professional endusers" back the control over their system, without 'breaking shit' with scripts in the system. This is the strong side MS looses more and more, because of their "poor" design descisions. The fuck how many public corps are still on Win7 or even XP?
Besides that, I run Win10 in a VM, but I just can't feel any emotions when using it except frustration. If you like or customize Win10 that's ok Tom. I wouldn't feel offended when I'm using things because of better performance or support. The time will come where software will probably only run on Win10+. But Linux is still around and will grow up sooner or later. And here Koogle has a point, Dx12 will have strong competition, nowadays by Vulkan, which sooner or later will run on Linux with nearly the same speed. Here we close the circle to the android smartphones with their "touch" from the devil, which a modern PC has to have, if you ask MS. *sadfacepalm*
Jm50ct
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on Win10 because its the latest and greatest. I've tested it in many ways and its proven at least to me to be more stable and faster than Win7. I also find drivers are more robust and more stable. I find networking and working with multiple networks handled better. In general I find it more stable and consistently fast.

Vulkan. Like Mantle just a fart in the wind as far as I'm concerned. When shit actually comes out supporting Vulkan, I'll believe it. Right now don't see that happening. In the meantime Xbox and PC are coming together and games are coming out with DX12 titles. I go with what's current not dated old OS's. I work in tech and I like to stay current with tech.
sikapossu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Tom wrote:

somehow i dont think you even use any windows and still you rant like you know them Laughing
amra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Win7 is stable too, never had any issues with it.
Regarding speed, it is dubious that uninstalling some KBs speeds up Win7 again. Anyways I'm not wondering that Win10 is superior in some areas to Win7. Who wanted to have a second Win8 at MS? Nobody, so they did some homework, no questions asked.

And yeah Vulkan/Mantle/SomethingElse are not yet widespread. Anyways... like I said, totally understand your thinking, it's fine. For me it's enough to just know the new tech, I don't need to be an early adopter, a Win10 VM is fine until I make a decision because Win10 grew up or not. ;)
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amra wrote:
My Win7 is stable too, never had any issues with it.
Regarding speed, it is dubious that uninstalling some KBs speeds up Win7 again.

No, it's just an OS that's been around for a while now that has a million patches. And some of them affect your pc.

amra wrote:

Anyways I'm not wondering that Win10 is superior in some areas to Win7. Who wanted to have a second Win8 at MS? Nobody, so they did some homework, no questions asked.

Well Win10 is > Win 8.1 and includes a tablet style UI.

amra wrote:

... a Win10 VM is fine until I make a decision because Win10 grew up or not. Wink

Win 10 on a VM, are you serious. do the free upgrade and rollback if you don't like it. If your PC is running great, you should have no problems. A VM isn't gonna tell ya shit other than maybe getting used to the new UI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: