Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Why Duke Nukem Forever is taking forever [18379]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Why Duke Nukem Forever is taking forever [18379] Reply with quote

VIA Gamers Arena has posted

an interesting article entitled "Why Duke Nukem Forever is taking forever" (thanks VE3D) that tries to explain why 3D Realms' latest creation is taking so very long to develop. Here's an excerpt:

The most recent whisperings from 3D Realms suggest to me that th

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
johnadaniels
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 5 years of waiting I was just sick any time I heard of news about Duke Fornever:-)

Now when I hear news about Duke it does not affect me as bad. I just let it go.........I JUST LET IT GO!..........I JUST LET IT GO!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOO, I cannot belive they even have the nerv to even talk about the game anymore. Get out of the gamming business 3D-Realm.
Rasded
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they keep switchin engines everytime a new game comes out that blows away what they have so far Duke will never see the light of day..3drealms needs to make up there minds and stick with it.I personally dont care if the engine and physics are dated..Thats not why I love duke nukem..It was the story and humor.I mean look at call of duty..Fickin quke 3 engine.Granted its heavily modified,but it works.I hope some one from 3drealms reads this..But,wont make a diff.They hear it all the time.
DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
PoliticalMaestro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree john whenever i see the words dukenukem forever my eyes glaze over, im sick to death of the debacle surrounding the game. I like some people have followed the developments of DNF in the times where people were speculating on if its engine would beat the unreal one. After numerous engine reprogramming and changes in management structure. The long silence between these events with the endless rumours and speculations around the industry was too much. DNF to me is like the boy who cried wolf too many times now people wished the wolves would eat that dam boy as the villagers are sick to death of his whinning !
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story about DNF reminds me of VALVe: they made the first version of HL1 and then saw it was shit and remade the game, which resulted in a LEGEND. People at 3d-realms learned a lot really, they've been making and remaking a game for seven years, I guess that'll be good for the game, because the concept becomes stronger (and everything else too). And then I also don't give a shit about it being late again and again, because I have respect to developers who have enough courage to postpone its release for the sake of the game even though they know their fans HATE them for that. I won't say it'll be a revolution when it comes but it'll be one hell of a game, that is for sure!!!
P.S: it seems to me I'm the only one who knows the art of "patience and understanding"
P.P.S: it saves A LOT of nerves inside my head, so learn it yourself
v1m

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality != time spent on project. Daikatana, anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: