Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

True Crime: Streets of LA [16156]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: True Crime: Streets of LA [16156] Reply with quote

One of last year's more entertaining games on the consoles was undoubtedly True Crime: The Streets of LA The game combined driving, shooting, and fighting into a crazy Hollywood style action package that provided crazy amounts of excitement. Guns, ...read a full review

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am "aquiring" it now, should be good to play through!
Viper357
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the story is good but everything else kinda sucks. The game lags (even on very powerful machines), i mean, they have clearly missed with the "Minimum Requirements". The graphics are dull, all the cars feel the same (same sound, turn the same = booring). Music is absolutely great but everything else sucks... so instead of buying this, i would suggest you to wait for GTA:SA and buy it, when it's released. Smile
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and that wont happen for a good while.
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i will tide myself over with an acquired copy of this game! Smile
Ulas
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played this on XBox when it came out a while back.. It's a lot of fun but not very long. Can easily be finished in 2-3 days if you don't take time to do the optional crusing around arresting people thing.
Viper357
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ulas wrote:
I played this on XBox when it came out a while back.. It's a lot of fun but not very long. Can easily be finished in 2-3 days if you don't take time to do the optional crusing around arresting people thing.

It definetly is better on the XBox than on PC. (thanks to those guys who ported that game!)
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

change ur name madda to spammer.
Alkatraz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why spammer??
Why pay 40 bucks for a game when u can get it for a buck a cd??
Anyway most of the games are pure crap and you don't know till u buy them and it's better to throw away a burnt cd than cry over your 40 or more bucks
that like a quarter of a month's pay where i come from
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alkatraz wrote:
Why spammer??
Why pay 40 bucks for a game when u can get it for a buck a cd??
Anyway most of the games are pure crap and you don't know till u buy them and it's better to throw away a burnt cd than cry over your 40 or more bucks
that like a quarter of a month's pay where i come from

exactly!!

When i realise it is a good game, i dont mind paying for it! I give money to the companies that actually deserve it! I wont pay for this game, because its a pile of dump, and the developers should have spent more time coding it before releasing it!
Ulas
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madda wrote:

exactly!!

When i realise it is a good game, i dont mind paying for it! I give money to the companies that actually deserve it! I wont pay for this game, because its a pile of dump, and the developers should have spent more time coding it before releasing it!

Great.. I'm glad you find the power of deciding which game deserves money or not in yourself. According to your definition you will download the game first (or buy it on a pirated CD), play it and if it's good go buy an original copy? Spare me the rightousness. I don't think anybody here believes your self serving statement. There is no way you would pay for something you already have and how is the company going to make better and better games if they don't make money in return for games they develop - even good ones.

This is why there are review sites like GameGuru. You can read up on the reviews and decide if you want to buy it. Most software companies also provide you with demos. By buying pirated CDs you are encouraging piracy - that's much much worse than just downloading it off p2p networks. I agree that usually there is a big markup on the game prices but when you actually take the time to do proper research and find games with good reviews/demos that you would like to play, you should buy that game.
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have actually acquired a few games, then bought them because I wanted to play them over multiplayer, and I like to have the box, and manual! Its fine if you dont believe me, but its true!

If they brought down the price, they would sell alot more games. Its the same for CDs. Also they should make the release dates the same between countries, because games that are released in the US 2 months before the UK, allow US customers to have a domination over the mulitplayer game, because they have had that much longer to play and learn techniques of how to win more easily!

Basically if they reduced prices, and released the game in all major countries at the same time, then I think there would be alot more people buying the games, at least I would anyway! Smile
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't talk about piracy when you have handy links on this page to get to pirate sites. people who come to this site know full well that this site harbours links to pirate sites and search engines. to come here and talk down about piracy is ridiculous. hell, look around you. what kills me is that people actually give interviews for HX considering he has direct links to places to get serial numbers, cracks and software. yet a site like astalavista keeps going on and on. so don't complain about people here talking piracy. piracy is what this host harbors. piracy will obviously never die and you waste your breath trying to argue it with people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: