Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - Most Windows 10 PCs running v1709 [45266]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: TechNews - Most Windows 10 PCs running v1709 [45266] Reply with quote

Microsoft is likely pleased with the updates adoption rate thus far.
According to AdDuplex, an impressive 85 percent of PCs running Windows
10 have installed the Fall Creators Update. LOL, it's amazing the
things you can accomplish when you FORCE change onto people!! If you
have seen Windows.old folders which can

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you seriously trying to tell me you dont know how to get rid of windows.old? Wow LMAO

Ownership rights? Holy fuck theres a built in function in disk cleanup you morons.

There is zero wrong with creators update. Still original install here with windows and not a fucking problem. Its just fucking idiot n00bs who bitch and whine because they're so brain dead.

Kept a screenshot for posterity. LoL

All you n00bs should consider this...
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to AdDuplex, an impressive 85 percent of PCs running Windows 10 have installed the Fall Creators Update. LOL, it's amazing the things you can accomplish when you FORCE change onto people!!

And may I ask how AdDuplex got those stats? By invading privacy.
Fuck MS and Windows 10.
If it ain't my choice, it ain't happening.
Besides, I have no need for it, like most of the world.
You know, there are activists that achieved banning force-feeding ducks.
How come nobody can stop MS from force-feeding human beings?
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Are you seriously trying to tell me you dont know how to get rid of windows.old? Wow LMAO

Tom, you have 1 PC with Windows home at your home right?

I administrate over 1500 PC (various Windows Domains and evironments). May surprise you that disk clean up doesnt work in most cases.

I have seen many completely crashed Windows 10 computers as Windows Update simply destroyed them. Even Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 versions. And it's not just me.

Besides these new Windows 10 builds corrupt 3rd party software. That's fun which cost lost of money and time. Upgrade cycle 6 months is just crazy.

You probably live in different reality than me. In my case Windows 10 for dumbs books are just not enough to solve serious problems.

Sure, for gaming at home, Windows 10 are quite OK, if you have a new hardware. I have no problem with that.

Here's is very nice link just for Tom Very Happy

https://itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html
amra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said heretic. My Company does have about 25.000 employees, all over the place and with win, mac, linux. Win 8.1 on my Dell E7250 was ugly, but never just shut down like Win10. Funny enough it must have to do with our internal network, since it does not do that when I'm working from home. So I guess this is 50% MS and 50% Client Engineerings fault. Glad I have my linux, which other than win or mac, just works for me. Ok I'm a programmer / admin, not a sales guy or designer, but both win and mac suck in their own type of field. Win10 is a fail from my perspective, although it does do a lot of things right for the end-user, it is a pain in the ass for business users.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amra wrote:
Well said heretic. My Company does have about 25.000 employees, all over the place and with win, mac, linux. Win 8.1 on my Dell E7250 was ugly, but never just shut down like Win10. Funny enough it must have to do with our internal network, since it does not do that when I'm working from home. So I guess this is 50% MS and 50% Client Engineerings fault. Glad I have my linux, which other than win or mac, just works for me. Ok I'm a programmer / admin, not a sales guy or designer, but both win and mac suck in their own type of field. Win10 is a fail from my perspective, although it does do a lot of things right for the end-user, it is a pain in the ass for business users.

Whos this Hx, your brother? Comng to help you? Whats a matter csimbi and koogle not around?

I have 6 networked pcs in my house using a light linux ubuntu serving as the DC. I have 5 pc's in mymhouse on win 10. 2 home edition and 3 pro edition. The other PC is my main HTPC which is not full fledged gaming PC running Vista. I have No problems here on Creators pack. Gen 6, 7 and 8 cpus.

My company has over 3000 employees. Im sure 98% are on Win10. I've not heard of any problems. I help support at least in my office with anything Windows Mac Android Linux and Solaris. I also manage wifi access for my whole office.

In the past week I've shown people how to clean this shit up. However it is there for a reason. It's backup/fallback.It takes GB not TB.There is no obvious option for a user to clear it because it really doesnt need to be messed with. Most users in an office should also have no reason to delete windows.old. The problems people have after this patch is likely related to problems they left without fixing to begin with.

you come off poorly man. Spouting all this crap when your website is seriously lacking, running a free ancient PHPBB portal which has seen hackers and constant timeouts.

At least this answers my previous thoughts of what is going on herenin regards to bashing Windows. You are a standup guy thanks for being a man and finally standing up.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can confirm, disk cleanup, even going through it's advanced features failed to delete restore points created by creators update and some others. I wouldn't have even noticed those if I weren't on a 120GB ssd that suddenly lost ~40GB of space for no reason (until I discovered the reason and naturally tried the disk cleanup first and did "remove restore points" and all that jazz). Had to manually take ownership and delete the restore points. However, in my case, there was no "windows.old", just some hidden restore folder with those restore points.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
can confirm, disk cleanup, even going through it's advanced features failed to delete restore points created by creators update and some others. I wouldn't have even noticed those if I weren't on a 120GB ssd that suddenly lost ~40GB of space for no reason (until I discovered the reason and naturally tried the disk cleanup first and did "remove restore points" and all that jazz). Had to manually take ownership and delete the restore points. However, in my case, there was no "windows.old", just some hidden restore folder with those restore points.

OMG. Then you already cleaned it up post-creators pack dumb ass. The folder is created for everyone that goes to Creators pack, it allows you for ~10days if you change your mind and want to fallback. System Restore points can be cleaned in the same manner in Disk Cleanup or through System Protection. Hint. Type it in Start button. If it doesn't get rid of them, then your system is likely a hunk of shit. And I'd advise against just removing any directory. That is just stupid right there.

Who the fuck buys a system drive with only 120GB. 250GB is a minimum.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:

I also manage wifi access for my whole office.

Ah, so you're that guy who bothered to write down the wifi password.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it out of broken laptop, SSD was well and good (and free). Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten one at all. Past the boot time, there is no real benefit, none that I can see. But sure, go ahead, you are a rich fucker, buy 10 SSDs, I don't give a shit. You might have said something like "who the hell lives in a country that has average salary of 400$/month, you should only live in a country like mine, where you get at least 3000$/month and can throw money around on stupid shit like ssds, projectors, big size TVs)

Also, like I said, restore points were in a separate hidden folder, cleanup didn't even see it. And it was waaaay past 10 days. I got creators update in the first batch, last year, cleaned that mess up a month ago.

now please, continue to defend your stupid argument and add more insults.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El_Coyote wrote:
Tom wrote:

I also manage wifi access for my whole office.

Ah, so you're that guy who bothered to write down the wifi password.

Umm.. Basically yeah.. LOL. At least this way I always have WiFi. LOL!
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I took it out of broken laptop, SSD was well and good (and free). Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten one at all. Past the boot time, there is no real benefit, none that I can see. But sure, go ahead, you are a rich fucker, buy 10 SSDs, I don't give a shit. You might have said something like "who the hell lives in a country that has average salary of 400$/month, you should only live in a country like mine, where you get at least 3000$/month and can throw money around on stupid shit like ssds, projectors, big size TVs)

Also, like I said, restore points were in a separate hidden folder, cleanup didn't even see it. And it was waaaay past 10 days. I got creators update in the first batch, last year, cleaned that mess up a month ago.

now please, continue to defend your stupid argument and add more insults.

Its not my fault you live in a shit country pal. You can get a 250GB SSD in Canada for < $100. I'm supposed to be a fucking mind reader and know you live in some poverty stricken country. LOL!

Quote:
where you get at least 3000$/month and can throw money around on stupid shit like ssds, projectors, big size TVs)

If I made that little, I'd be upset. Probably more like Hx's salary. Rolling Eyes
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, shame on you! Rolling Eyes

Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Tom, shame on you! Rolling Eyes

Sorry it was there. Laughing

amra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number of employees does only have an impact on the own statistic feeling, nothing more. No reason to get upset Tom.

I bash Microsoft for bad decisions not Windows.

To wrap it up: my choice, your choice, nobody cares, as long as you are happy with your setup. Only thing I hope is that your social skills, hopefully do not represent your IT skills. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: