Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Does Denuvo slow game performance? [46237]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Does Denuvo slow game performance? [46237] Reply with quote

A benchmark of 7 games before and after they removed Denuvo DRM. The tested games were Hitman, Abzu, Sherlock Holmes the Devil’s Daughter, Mass Effect Andromeda, Mad Max, Agents of Mayhem and Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3. From these games, Mad Max, Mass Effect Andromeda and Sherlock Holmes the Devil’s Daughter saw notic

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be more a difference in his system configuration...I've never seen a performance discrepency with denuvo... but that doesn't mean I support it, F denuvo and any other protection like it.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRM should run once, when the app is launched and either allow the launch and disappear or prevent the launch (this is how Steam works, without the extras that aren't considered DRM).

If a protection mechanism runs continuously, it means I am paying extra in my electricity bill on the account of CPU use and I am paying extra internet costs on the account of network use - depending on how long I play.
And I don't care how little if uses the CPU or the network!
Scale it up to a million users over the course of one year and you can could how many trees had to be cut down in the account of the broken protection mechanism.
Frankly, I am surprised the greens did not pick this up yet...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
DRM should run once, when the app is launched and either allow the launch and disappear or prevent the launch (this is how Steam works, without the extras that aren't considered DRM).

If a protection mechanism runs continuously, it means I am paying extra in my electricity bill on the account of CPU use and I am paying extra internet costs on the account of network use - depending on how long I play.
And I don't care how little if uses the CPU or the network!
Scale it up to a million users over the course of one year and you can could how many trees had to be cut down in the account of the broken protection mechanism.
Frankly, I am surprised the greens did not pick this up yet...

Do you know how absurd your comment is?? Equating this to electricity use?... Really? Wow...
Mojoman
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like all DRM protections, it can be cracked. Making it a little more difficult won't stop hackers.

They're just making the experience worst for everyone.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez I still remember the Rob Northern copylock. Now we have dongles shoved in our faces and frame rate killing Denuvo Temper-Tantrum bullshit. Still, it's keeping those crackers busy and allowing them to flex their fingers for a few thousand man hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: