Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Fortnite's on steroids: 1.25b in funding values [46778]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Fortnite's on steroids: 1.25b in funding values [46778] Reply with quote

of this year, Fortnite is expected to have earned just over $4 billion for Epic. It goes to show just how much Fortnite is winning over PUBG, which is worth $5 billion in total (and no, Epic isnâ??t about to buy PUBG)

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
doodah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ugh..
sikapossu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It'll be exciting to see what Epic does next

Just like they did on Fortnite and wait someone else get good idead and exploit it too Wink
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had their shares, I would sell them right about now. Tomorrow people might jump onto some new fad and value of company will go back down where it was in 2012.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda crazy Epic seemed to be struggling a few years ago and could almost see Unity just stomping them out for a large portion of the game engine market from both low and high end..

and now of all things fucking fortnite has been this major success for them...

I mean it's not like they didn't need a popular game I just think the game kinda sucks, but its good to see the Unreal Engine will continue to get nice features even though I don't use it.. prefer Unity Smile
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikapossu wrote:
Quote:
It'll be exciting to see what Epic does next

Just like they did on Fortnite and wait someone else get good idead and exploit it too Wink

Gee like the game industry doesn't work like that already...fuck man, what a lame point. That's all you could think of? Fortnite was out before PUBG. Epic added Battle Royale after. Take a look around pal, everyone is doing the Battle Royale shit.

Koogle wrote:
Kinda crazy Epic seemed to be struggling a few years ago and could almost see Unity just stomping them out for a large portion of the game engine market from both low and high end..

and now of all things fucking fortnite has been this major success for them...

I mean it's not like they didn't need a popular game I just think the game kinda sucks, but its good to see the Unreal Engine will continue to get nice features even though I don't use it.. prefer Unity Smile

Epic was never struggling, they were changing their business model. People quit/retired as a result, that's about it. All had their reasons like some not liking the F2P they were getting into. Ya don't like it, you leave, retire. Then there's the move from U3 to U4... Epic was never struggling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: