Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Epic Games will launch a new digital store [47066]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Epic Games will launch a new digital store [47066] Reply with quote

With an announcement posted today, by Tim Sweeney the Epic Game store is now officially a reality. The new digital storefront will be made available for PC and Mac to start with, while other platforms will be added throughout 2019. In regards to games available on the platform, Epic will offer Fortnite alongside a set

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nail in Steam's coffin
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:

Dude, they will epically fail. Fat Gabe owns the market. Epic makes game engines, Fat Gabe gave up on making games and opened a store. When is the last time you heard someone wanted ubisfot store and launcher? Microsoft store and launcher? What else is there? Ah yea Blizzard...it's nuisance...all of it, including Steam. But Steam already has market cornered and can literally buy Epic if they threaten it. They are not just a store, it's a whole industry mafia scheme.

PS. It will just be another nuisance for user of existing games that Epic will now pull from the Steam and force users to go to their store, aka launcher, to play them. It's called - shooting yourself in the foot.
huldu
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that. Steam has been doing a great job at slowly killing itself over the years. They've lost *huge* AAA publishers and it's only going to get worse as more publishers create their own launchers. In the end all steam will have is a bunch of poor indie games.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huldu wrote:
I doubt that. Steam has been doing a great job at slowly killing itself over the years. They've lost *huge* AAA publishers and it's only going to get worse as more publishers create their own launchers. In the end all steam will have is a bunch of poor indie games.

Ok thanks Mr. 27 posts. Thanks for your input. Maybe by 2030 you might hit 30 posts.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:

Ya I'm sure Gabe is worried. lol... Rolling Eyes
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
huldu wrote:

Ok thanks Mr. 27 posts. Thanks for your input. Maybe by 2030 you might hit 30 posts.

that's harsh Tom. He registered a week ago...
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Epic will be fine, Valve might want to start working on Hl3 though.. or better yet... Maybe Valve should make SteamOS into an actual proper desktop OS based on linux instead of some shitting couch potato garbage... which they can do up, sort out all the bs issues, kick amd and nvidia asses into gear on the driver front (after all they are the pc games largest distributor and I'm sure they can fling shit at both at those companies until linux driver support imrpoves) and finally compete against Windows..shouldn't be hard, windows has practically degenerated itself down to the dumb down standards of crApple.. win win for everyone.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it or not, it is a nail into Steam's coffin.
You seem to forget, coffins need a whole lot of nails.
So far, there were only a few nails for Steam, but I'd expect more will be coming unless Steam does something about it in the long run.

I, for one, like the fact that there is a competition for them.
I don't like the exclusivity of a specific platform - means no sale most of the time, I'd rather download then expose personal data -, but hey, competition is good either way.
If they want my money, they'll be selling it at places I am willing to buy it (e.g. GOG.com) and they'll be selling it at a price tag I am willing to cash out (5-10 dollars).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: