Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Fallout 76 free to play rumours [47371]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Fallout 76 free to play rumours [47371] Reply with quote

A new rumour surfaced yesterday, suggesting that Fallout 76 would be going free to play. This rumour was based on a report that EB Games was removing physical copies of Fallout 76 from its shelves and while this could be true, it appears that Bethesda does not plan to turn Fallout 76 into a free to play game. According

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is no truth to this rumor.
— Bethesda (@bethesda) January 22, 2019

There is no point; the game sucks.
— Me (@gmail) January 23, 2019
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game definitely has potential, but Bethesda shot themselves in every toe with this MVP. Old bugs dragged over from old, and regressions on top of that. Whoever approved the idea to release this game in its current state was non-communicative/heavily pressured, and they very likely span everything with rose tinted glasses "It can be fixed, so everything will be fine".

They're really trying to recover. It's less of a mess, I can see that because I didn't play it at launch but watched the flurry of hilarious YouTube reviews flowing in. I started playing it approx two or three weeks ago. I play it with my wife and son, because we love everything to do with Fallout, and the idea of playing in a Fallout universe together was difficult to pass up.

I'm not going to complain about the lack of NPCs either, because Fallout 4 and FO:NV already does that much better. I will say this, though. The world is intricate. The holotape stories and voice acting are stellar; all great work, but currently shadowed by everything else.

Once they allow the ability to host private servers with mods, I wouldn't be surprised if the mod community come to the rescue. As per fucking on point with regards to ALL of Bethesda's games, except everything prior to Fallout 76 was less of a nuclear shower.

It depends on how rejected or yukky the community feel at that moment in time, after Bethesda do their part with what they consider to be an OKAY moment to stop prioritising bug fixes, and move over to cashing out from the Atomic Shop. Player-base dwindling? That's okay, private servers and mods are in!

Atomic Shop was obviously a feature to catch the suckers who don't mind spending a dime and a half. I bet it's their saving grace right now. I really want to see a week-by-week graph of how many people are playing online. Millions, according to Bethesda, right? Laughing If true, then wow. Management must flying high in the sky about owning this intellectual property.

If the old guys don't want to proactively jump on board, then likely the mod newbies will nudge them to jump on board.... "We need the Creation Kit, x, y tool and the script extender yada yada" and whatever else will come of it.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, they can fix all bugs they want.
There's only one lone wonderer, and that's me, the player.
I can only hope they go bankrupt over this and they'll have to sell the franchise - and somebody who actually gives a damn will pick it up (not EA, Blizzard and the likes).
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the franchise is sold off, it's not going to be cheap.

I wouldn't mind if Larian Studios or CD Projekt Red picked it up though...
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

-double post-

Ignore.

Sad

Last edited by devilhood on Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

-triple post-

FUCK!

Shocked
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilhood wrote:

Yeah, those two know their shit.
They won't have the budget though (yet).
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
devilhood wrote:

Yeah, those two know their shit.
They won't have the budget though (yet).

Larian is definitely not up there with the big boys yet, especially considering that its revenue for Origin of Sin 2 last year was on-par with Guild Wars 2 which came out in 2012. They certainly have the minds and potential, but at the same time I feel like when you hit it big, it is like an injection of addictive poison to management.

CDPR have something great brewing with Cyberpunk, and I hope the game lives up to its hype.

I wanted to mention Bungie, too. They do not seem to have been damaged too badly by success. I feel like Destiny 2 has become the pinnacle of its genre. I guess there is still hope just as long as the creative direction is clear and the intellectual property is respected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: