Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Which Card should anyone buy???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Which Card should anyone buy??? Reply with quote

Hi all, posting after a long time, was away from gaming and was busy at work, but still I cud never stay away from games and Gameguru.

Well the ATI and Nvidia battle is never gonna end but from most of the reviews and word of mouth experience that I have......the information that I have is that Nvidia is better.

Although dont know why but i think the better one is ATI. Although I myself dont own anyone of these, lol, I just use my onboard card on the Intel D865GBF motherboard which is good for most games. That card atleast helps me play games like GTAVC and MOH types without a jerk still it can never do as well as AGP cards. Although Doom3 made me feel that my computer is gonna meet its Doom.

The reason is that out here, in India, the gaming industry isnt very big. So games and all arent given much importance, although the industry is coming up.
Any AGP that u buy out there might be available for three time the price u pay out there. So what is the best card to buy without spending all the money u have in an AGP, something in the mid range.

And the Million Dollar Question, is it ATI or Nvidia???????????
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since i did not get any reply I tried and did some search on my end. Wat I cud find is that for Nvidia one of the best cards is FX5900 and for ATI is the 9800XT PRO (Correct me if I am wrong), I was not sure about the FX5900 though whether it is the best one available.

Also other gud options are the Nvidia FX5700 and ATI 9600.

Please try and help mw here to make a decision, which one shud I buy.
LLA
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9800s are *excellent cards*, and imo are still in the same league as the nvidia 6600GTs, except they perform better at resolutions bigger than 1280x1024, anything upto and including that you should consider a 9800 Pro (XTs are not available anymore as far as I know).

However, its all upto how much you want to spend.
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wat about FX5700 and ATI 9600, a lot of ppl still have that. One of my friends has an ATI 9600 and DOOM 3 goes jerkless on his system.

I just want to be sure, as i can buy a FX5700 or a 9600 but dont wanna repent that i did not get the best.

The same had happened when i was getting my new computer, I was about to settle for less but then I finally decided I need a P4 with a 3 Gig Processor Razz I had to shell out some extra money though, but still i feel i have a good configuration.

Simillarly i dont wanna get a stupid card, i can spend more if its worth it. But if i can ge the job done by a lower end card y not??
sirsmithy
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Outlaw

by now the 6800gt nvid must be at a good price
ive had 1 for a long time now and am very happy with it

i would spend as much as possible on a grafic card cause its the worst or best thing to see on yr monitor, right?
save a little longer and then splash out its WORTH it!!!!!!!!

ill be going for a 7800 soon
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally got a 9600 XT 256 MB card. Out here everything is so damn costly that I had to settle with this. This too after all taxes was too costly.
The biggest issue here is that not many ppl even know waht AGP cards might be, ppl dont buy these things. Since only a few ppl like me buy these things they r bought on demand and are damn costly.
Salgest
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give relevant advice, I am also looking for good options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> NVIDIA vs ATI All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: