Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 7 Gets DirectX 12 Support [47653]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Windows 7 Gets DirectX 12 Support [47653] Reply with quote

Now here is a pleasant surprise. Microsoft has announced that it is bringing its latest API, DirectX 12, to Windows 7. Yeap, you read that right. Windows 7 now supports DX12 and the first game that can take advantage of it is World of Warcraft. Now while World of Warcraft can run via DX12 on Windows 7, Microsoft claims

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it does.
I told you so years ago. Razz

Quote:
Windows 10 contains a number of OS optimizations designed to make DirectX 12 run even faster.

I call bullshit on that.
I am inclined to think they did not do much optimizations for Windows 7, but I am still guessing they'll come pretty close anyhoo.
Let's see some tests!

Quote:
Microsoft says this move comes at this time because they "make every effort to respond to customer feedback."

Pffft. It's because Windows 7 is not going anywhere and they want to sell games.
It's that simple.
If they did listen to feedback, they'd be working on Windows 11 already, cleaning up the bloated Windows 10 and making the next best OS we could all upgrade to.
But they don't. They want control, so they are pushing Windows 10 as if anyone actually needed it...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 11 will be even more bloated than win 10 is. They dont care about your voice or mine, they care about new user, the facebook user, that has messages up right and chat down right, retarded content in the middle. That's what they will provide - Winbook Instakilogram edition
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Winbook Instakilogram edition

lol
That's a good one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: