Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 to Consume More Power [55333]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 to Consume More Power [55333] Reply with quote

News broke yesterday of NVIDIAâ??s alleged launch schedule for its upcoming GeForce RTX 40 Series, including a supposed CES 2023 unveiling date for a newly mentioned (but predictable) GeForce RTX 4060 graphics card. Popular leaker @kopite7kimi has now taken to Twitter to share a little insight on the lower mid-range GP

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at CPU power usage you can deduce that those power values are usually max load. My CPU uses 230W, but actually in gaming it's at ~40% ish usage and uses under 60W.
Same with GPUs, and everything else.
If you buy (just an example) 3090 to play CS:GO at 1080p @ 144fps (144Hz) enable vsync, or limit framerate to 144, 3090 will be at ~20% usage and use maybe 50W.

Also, everyone buys at least 40% "more" PSU than PC will need (max power usage of PC ~350W, PSU bought is 600+ W ) so I don't see a problem.
Electricity wise, I compared prices over the world, but lets take UK as an example, a year of gaming costs ~30 Pounds. So don't give that electricity bill crap.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends.
Where i am 30 pounds gets me less than 100 kwh in prime time.

So if I run my computer at a very optimistical 50% of psu capability with your calculation, i'll have 150 hours a year of gaming.
This does not include monitor or sound system power usage.
My high refresh qhd+ monitor also doubles as a heat radiator (joke, but really it gets hot).
30 quid really doesn't last me long with the current energy situation.

(also I don't play cs:go so using a deckade old game as benchmark isnt really great.)
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here, calculations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB0qrUE1sck&list=FLcCgbWIvxim5lp1XKeDYVsQ&index=1

El_Coyote wrote:
depends.

So it's not much, stop overreacting.

Quote:

(also I don't play cs:go so using a deckade old game as benchmark isnt really great.)

Maybe read again and don't skip lines.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El_Coyote wrote:
depends.

30 quid really doesn't last me long with the current energy situation.

I take it your in the U.K.? Unless you or your parents have price-capped your current supplier, it’s going up again to a near £3,000 price cap increase in October. So nothing but a joke
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fortunate enough that paying for electricity even with the current insanely overblown prices (we need governments to step up and take over the whole damned sector, and run it at cost instead of letting profiteers suck the life out of everyone) is something I can do.

I'm still not thrilled with the developent. A high end 4000 series will probably require a massive cooling solution and still run hot, and produce a lot of waste heat into the house that also has to be dealt with.

More cooling means either a LOT larger, or a lot noisier, to deal with the heat. The Noctua collaboration GPU that was released recently is stupidly thick and has a gigantic heatsink, and that's on a current generation card. Because it has to be to cool silently.

Constant power increases on GPUs is not great.
katy22
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
here, calculations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB0qrUE1sck&list=FLcCgbWIvxim5lp1XKeDYVsQ&index=1 immaculate grid

El_Coyote wrote:
depends.

Quote:

this is valuable information for me, i'm looking for it
vrooktreat
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not thrilled with the developent. A high end 4000 series will probably require a massive cooling solution and still run hot, and produce a lot of waste heat into the house that also has to be dealt with.
https://projectfreetv.onl/
https://waplus.win/

Last edited by vrooktreat on Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
minorjapan
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remain unsatisfied with the development. A high-end 4000 series will likely require a massive cooling solution, run hot, and generate a great deal of waste heat that must also be addressed. gorilla tag
bekean23
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Looking at CPU power usage you can deduce that those power values are usually max load. My FNF CPU uses 230W, but actually in gaming it's at ~40% ish usage and uses under 60W.
Same with GPUs, and everything else.
If you buy (just an example) 3090 to play CS:GO at 1080p @ 144fps (144Hz) enable vsync, or limit framerate to 144, 3090 will be at ~20% usage and use maybe 50W.

Also, everyone buys at least 40% "more" PSU than PC will need (max power usage of PC ~350W, PSU bought is 600+ W ) so I don't see a problem.
Electricity wise, I compared prices over the world, but lets take UK as an example, a year of gaming costs ~30 Pounds. So don't give that electricity bill crap.

Regarding electricity costs, you're correct that the additional power draw from a gaming PC, even during extended use, may not result in a significant increase in electricity bills for most users. The actual impact on electricity bills will vary depending on the region's electricity rates and the frequency and duration of gaming sessions.
JAMEcara
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
here, calculations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB0qrUE1sck&list=FLcCgbWIvxim5lp1XKeDYVsQ&index=1 password game

El_Coyote wrote:
depends.

Quote:

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more.
alunazar
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speculated TDP of over 220 watts for the RTX 4060 might raise some eyebrows, but if history is any indication, it could signify a significant leap in gaming performance. NVIDIA's dedication to pushing boundaries in the mid-range segment is commendable. Exciting times ahead for gamers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: