Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

THQ to delay several titles-STALKER delayed again [20068]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: THQ to delay several titles-STALKER delayed again [20068] Reply with quote

Due to recent financial decline,

THQ was forced to delay several of their oncoming titles:

In terms of next generation software titles, THQ has announced a delayed release for Xbox 360 title Saints Row, which won't see a release until the first quarter of the 2007 fiscal year, which runs between April and Jun

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STALKER = DUKE NUKEM Forever Razz
Chode
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: the stalker delay

Members/staff of fan-site Oblivion-Lost.com and the Official Forums have talked to Oleg Yavorsky (senior PR Manager, GSC Gameworld) regarding that article on Gamespot.

Sniper-X of Oblvion-Lost.com was told this by Oleg:

Quote:
Oleg:
where does this come from?

I'm unaware of such statements
hm.. this makes me a bit perplexed to be frank.... ultimately its the publisher who decides when to release the game.. we'll obviously be clarifying the matter. clearly, our interest is to release the game asap. hopefully it won't be held until then.

Amoki (Literary Contest Moderator from the Official Forums) was told this by Oleg:

Quote:
Oleg:
Clearly, our ambition at GSC is to release the game sooner as October doesn't look exciting to us too.

Besides: Considering that the last release date we were told was "When it's ready", it's hard to call it a delay Razz
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another delay by THQ, wow talk about making yourself popular with the fans, why set dates in the first place if they are guaranteed to be delayed every single bloody time.
Jelster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalker has such promise but each delay makes me worry about it turning into another Soldner. As it is a late 2006 slot is going to start requiring them to improve the gfx engine or look dated out of the box.

Anyway I'm hoping they can make it an excellent game, good luck to them!
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HL2 was delayed quite a few times too but I was absolutely satisfied with the quality (too bad some people just didn't notice the things developers devoted so much time and effort to). The delays do steal the sensation we could've had though. The more time it gets to develop, the more old, trivial is the 'new' idea, the less originality and innovation we experience. I imagine how awed would've I been if HL2 came right in time when they announced the first date. I guess Stalker will suffer more than enough because of these continous delays.
It's first fixed release-date was spring 2003 by the way. I distinctly recall the date. When the first images popped up here in Ukraine it was more of a miracle on screen than a game. I remember the excitement... it's all gone now. Still all of those who wanted to get the game wait and want to play it nevertheless.
I think it will be a disappointment after all. Great idea, too ambitious for the unexperienced developers at GSC, the lack of experience will kill it. Sorry to say it, but there was no good FPS game developed in Russia/Ukraine. Fly-sims, RTS, TBS etc -- yes, FPS -- nope Sad
But I will be the first to yell "Shit!!! They made it! They made a hit!" if there'll be a reason. So good luck for those guys up there in Kiev! They need it.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, it's hardly worth any more words from me. I already wasted too many words.
Jelster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was half tempted to mention HL2 but thought better of it. You're right though that is what I would probably consider an exception to the rule. After playing the leak and being totally shocked by the poor state of it and the BS valve was talking I can say I really enjoyed the finished product.

Question is, why do developers hype up their stuff when they're in the best position to know whether its ready or not. If anything we can at least give 3DRealms credit for switching off the hype machine.

And if your cousins in the Balkans can crank out SS2 I don't think we've got a long wait for a true classic from Eastern Europe. I wish you'd stop making freakin starforce though!! Smile
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the SS series is awesome, I love it. But these types of games aren't as sophisticated as Stalker intends to be. No matter what the outcome will be, lots of people already know they'll HAVE to buy Stalker. The patriotic feeling you know Smile
And this starforce is a headache really. I hate it. But it does work... though sometimes not the way it's supposed to.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the game supports that I can guarantee you, STALKER isn't getting on my machine. Starforce blows, period. It blows enough to stop me from buying it. These guys have been lying about launch times as it is. I'm so dis-interested in STALKER right now, no, I don't believe I'll be getting it. Unless of course I get it thru another channel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: