Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Nightly Tech Reading [16583]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Nightly Tech Reading [16583] Reply with quote

[!] Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Microsoft now has "Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers" in the Microsoft Download Center. Start updating your desktops now! (Windows XP SP2 English ~ Windows XP SP2 German ~

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
FX5950
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had a chance to use that Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.01? I was kinda curious how it compared to Spy-bot S&D (free) or even Ad-Aware's Plus and Professional packages. I've heard good things about the regular Ad-Aware programs. The Ad-Watch (processes) is great, but I don't think the personal version includes it. Spy-Bot uses something called TeaTimer, but it seems to act a little flakey sometimes.
FX5900

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i installed SP2 and OH NO... now my system doesn't work ... and i can't boot up.. just blue screens repeatedly. man, my whole system is whacked out.... please help!!!! Sad
FX5900

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wait... i pulled out the X800 pro and my system is all sweet again. It wasn't SP2 afterall. Go figure that one out??? Wink
FX5950
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah..I figured it out. It's not the hardware, or even the software (imagine that), but the idiot sitting behind the computer. Seriously FX5900, you need to stop trying to be funny, cuz you're not. I bet you get a lot of strange looks from people out on the streets don't ya? That's to say if anyone even looks your way at all, which is probably more the case.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe @FX5900. actually i was quite amazed to install SP2 and zero problems. the firewall is a much needed improvement over the last one which has had me now deinstall zonealarm and go with MS. so far so good with all the hack utility check sites, of course, running the old firewall was the same but i didn't use it because i wanted more flexibility. i usually don't run any firewall and just AVG but heck, i'll run with MS Sp2 firewall, seems very good and doesn't seemingly affect my net connection much. @FX5950, you meant to say, i downloaded a RIP version of Adaware Plus and now you are wondering if the Personal edition includes adwatch, let me save ya the time, no it doesn't include the Adwatch addition. Additionally, there is little point running SB S&D if you have adaware. Firstly, it's been reviewed all over the net that it is EXTREMELY rare if S&D will find anything Adaware hasn't and Adaware is updated more often. I use SpywareBlaster and Adaware only and Spywareblaster alone has pretty much wiped away anything new in terms of Spyware.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the ATI debate too on GL issues and interesting little hacks that have come out to get better performance on ATI. man, what a mistake it was to trust ati in one of my machines. i think it's the worst mistake i ever made in purchasing. i feel bad too since initially when i got it it performed admirably and i told others it's a good card, but all the constant problems and constantly poor drivers just is insane. how anyone can call their products good is beyond me, obviously not too technically inclined nor money conciencious. i learned my lesson though, no more ati ever. i should have never skipped nvidia.. ah well, soon i'll have a 6800u and never really worry about driver updates again or at least being screwed with drivers. Get in the Game, what a farce. how about Get in the Door first ATI. pfff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: