Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

id Doom3 Mod Discussion Recap [16606]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: id Doom3 Mod Discussion Recap [16606] Reply with quote

PlanetQuake3.net is reporting that the
id ed. Robert Duffy, Fred Nilsson, and Jim Dose were there to answer questions from the small group of people. The particle and physics systems were discussed along with changes in the scripting language for Doom3:

- There are about 780,000 lines of code in Doom3. 20

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha this is the funniest new article on Doom so far. Great, 24 player games are coming, umm, isn't it already possible to play doom > 16 players? so i don't see what the hoowah is about games coming with 24 players..and also, i fail to understand the logic of why such high resources to prevent large games and why iD made it only 4 players.. if you run dedicated i don't see the issue. also again, games are being made with Doom engine, great. so are they with UT2k4, so, i don't get the point unless you give specifics. anyone can say games are coming, but if you got nothing to offer in terms of description, might as well be talking out your butt. next is the x800 performance. talk about total garbage. they reviewed it and nicely avoided the comparison to nvidia. i love how they do these reviews and avoid things people would much rather know. at least i know one little thing and 4.9's do nothing for doom 3 with a x800. weird that the frames are so small when i got a 9700 and the game runs perfectly fine and smooth. those pics don't look much better than mine which really makes me wonder what the hell is the point of getting a x800, there's zero gain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: