Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

DRM Issues Spoil Steam Holiday Sale [26420]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: DRM Issues Spoil Steam Holiday Sale [26420] Reply with quote

According to
ShackNews, gamers that recently bought S.TA.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and X3: Terran Conflict were temporarily unable to activate and play those games, due to reportedly resolved problems with the TAGES-run authentication servers. Both games utilize TAGES DRM to enforce a 5-machine activation limit, and

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steam is a pile of shite itself.. add infested, slow assed drm crap that you have to have constantly updated with shity and mostly useless updates... just to get into a game for online play.. by the time you got the crap platform and finally managed to load the game, i'm already thinking about maybe I'll just play something else without such a retarded process to go through like Cod4, with just the old skool cdkey checks when ur joining a server.. instant launch...and less time to get into a frag fest.

So I no longer bother play any of the official games from Valve that I have bought on my account since Steaming shit platform release.. I've finally just gotten so sick of it i no longer use it... and L4D is first game I hadn't bothered with buying.. turned out to be some consolized crap anyway... I do feel sorry for these other developers selling there games on steam for such small prices though.. but the double wammy drm shite to put users through.. nah these game devs and publishers need to start getting a grip.. As a PC gamer I'm sick of this consolized shite. Make better games, yesterday I played Quake2 singleplayer.. what a good blast from the past(even the game music from that era of games was better than shit you get now with games), sometimes I wonder about this industry and the games of today. its nub shit,
Jelster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to see that EA have dropped all third party DRM for their Steam released games. I don't really see much point in it being included when it takes a similar effort to play a cracked Steam or other DRM game. This could be the first opportunity for people to actually vote with their wallets on the DRM issue. You'll now be able to buy a crippled retail EA game or get a Steam DRMed version with less limitations. Perhaps if EA see more people go for the latter they'll ease the hell up on the retail DRM too. Remember not buying the game at all just makes them think you're pirating it or that the PC market is declining.

@Koogle
Congratulations, I don't think you could have managed to fit more inaccurate, contradictory crap in a single post if you tried.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: