Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War [17028]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War [17028] Reply with quote

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is a science fiction real-time strategy game set in the violent, post-apocalyptic universe of the 41st Millennium. Needless to say, the game is based on the ultra-violent futuristic table-top game. For those who ...read a full review

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this game is amazing. if sp doesn't do it for you, mp play is pretty damn cool. one of the freshest and best looking rts games I have ever seen. crap, i played the demo right out. Dated graphics? no HX, just u use a dated graphics card. Go look at other review sites that took screenshots HX, your zoomed in pics lack detail. community ratings for this game hover on average around 9.5/10 just in case anyone wants to know.

just look at this one pic..that's 'dated' graphics? ya ok...
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wh40kdawnofwar/screens.html?page=147[/code]
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it is the freshest and nicest looking rts I ever seen. first time i ever zoomed in and went wow(only others that come close is perimeter and ground control2).. old engine or not, the graphics and shadows and terrain details are amazing. you gave the graphics of this game a 4/5? i just simply fail to see how the graphics can be detailed as you said in your review. i don't find them dated at all.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
As I wrote, the game utlizes old Impossible Creatures engine, that's why the game looks _slightly_ dated even on my GF5700 FX card (although the screenshots were grabbed from GF4). But I agree that the graphics are great Smile

so that its based on the IC engine makes it dated.

you might add that its a HEAVILY modified engine where they are using the rendering system. not the textures/effects systems. those are from scratch
maga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shooting it's just awsome...when all the guns start blazing, it's just plain awsome.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ToTeM
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
As I wrote, the game utlizes old Impossible Creatures engine, that's why the game looks _slightly_ dated even on my GF5700 FX card (although the screenshots were grabbed from GF4). But I agree that the graphics are great Smile

think and look again its warcraft 3 engine F10 menu key is still there plus some of the warcraft cheats even work such as GreedisGood and allyourbasebelongtous etc etc
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToTeM wrote:

think and look again its warcraft 3 engine F10 menu key is still there plus some of the warcraft cheats even work such as GreedisGood and allyourbasebelongtous etc etc

LOL
nonono thats so wrong.
Its IC its built on.. IC is Relecs own engine and it has been known that this was the one used since before the closed betas started.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wh40kdawnofwar/preview_6097578.html wrote:

The first thing you notice about Dawn of War is the look of the game. Relic is using an enhanced version of the graphics engine used in Impossible Creatures, and it can deliver an impressive amount of detail to the buildings and units in the game. You also notice that there’s a lot of action on the screen; Relic is aiming to render up to 100 units at a time on the screen.
ambazador
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whata sux all about GSP, i finished it tonight, great game men, amazing shoot to kill tactics, Yo!!!!great job:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: