Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Bad Company 2 will not have prone [28043]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Bad Company 2 will not have prone [28043] Reply with quote

Bad Company 2 lead game designer / writer David Goldfarb tweeted
that prone will not be in \'any sku of Bad
Company 2\' : there will be no prone.. we tried it many times and decided it didn\'t
feel right for the dynamic, destructible world we made Yea, in a
\'realistic\' destructable environment we really can\'

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more dumbed down crap

There game design sucks, some improvements and whole load of poor set backs. Its like bf2 to bf2142.

Let me guess they took it away because of the console tard market and noob players were having difficulty aiming at enemies who would dive into prone and destroy them even though they started shooting first. I guess this shit happens when you start making games for noobs who play fps with a gamepad. Or was it because they'd designed poor class enhancements that made certain classes going prone to much of an imbalance, so bright idea lets just nuke prone. yeh thats it.

So not only did the dedicated server pr stunt against mw turn out to be a bag of half truths, and really is NO dedicated servers unless you pay for a selected remote server hosting company. Now we're seeing a common gameplay element of the Battlefield series will be taken away because it didn't feel 'right' for a destructible world... Rolling Eyes

what next only certain game world objects are destructible... oh hanging I best wait for that one. The game starting to suck more I hear about it.
TENGILL
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's not like we can go prone in real life, now can we? Wink"

He is joking right?
I guess he hasent served in the infantry.
Prone position, is the position that gives best cover and stability for shooting your gun.
I think thay are lasy and know how hard the game would be if people could go prone ingame.
But hay its you game.
I wont be playing it, ill stick with ArmA and ArmA2.

This is just to cosy up to the kids playing shooters with a gamepade on a console.
Saying you can play FPS on a console with a gamepad, is like saying microsoft made windows from a original idé from Bill Gates.
tub0rg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly i have never been a fan of a prone position since the first time ive seen it used, i guess 99ish in fire arms.
to this day i dont think their has been a strong enough draw back implemententet for the benefit it provides. and in most cases its just rediculously implemented.

if you think of course twitch reflexes are skill you might see some use in it.

obviouly a lot of people seem to think this way since 95% of fps games released are stupid twitch games.

i still think fondly of openflashpoint, i still have my copy actually but sticking to that totally outdatet clunky control sceme i truly dont get. actually everything about arma feels clunky.
Badmagic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone really care any more, its just another console tard-em-up like MW2?
ykazka
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a feeling that most of you leaving comments without playing the BF2 game. Its like talking about how to drive a car when u actually never did.
Without prone position the whole sniper thing goes out of the window. They might rename it to "BF Quake"
Sad.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFS quit moaning girls, it's a fucking GAME!! Not the infantry nor real life. OFP was prob the first sim i ever used prone in beacause it worked! All others were gimmicks. This has destructable terrain so you can go hide behind a ruined wall or in a crater. It'll offer the same and better defence or vantage. Very rarely can you play an online game prone unless your a camping prick! So that's that out the window Laughing You can't even go prone in Fallout 3, the ultimate destroyed terrain with the sniper rifle Shocked
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, easier to spot snipers now, might as well take them out of the game.

but i never used prone in bc to be honest
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Stumpus -- the other users have rightfully pointed out something that which is NOT only happening in computer/video games for the last 5-7 years but in the Entertainment biz and almost everywhere else. A gradual dumbing down of everything.

Its been beyond evident in future game products where new game sequal don't include many of the unique features of their predecessors for the sake of "simplification" and "catering to all" gameplay. Truly and ultimately pathetic! I call it the "consolification of the entertainment biz". Its much too easy to see between generations of games.

The worse part of all this is something very few of us realize: game companies, whether directly or indirectly, are sabotaging the future with this complete and utter BS of requiring online activation to their servers. What a great way to prevent your games from being used in, say, 5-10 years when the company's authentication servers go offline or the company goes under. All the sake of a quick buck. No wonder NoDVDs and hacks are even more popular!
ykazka
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus - i like prone option in BF2. And it sucks that it'll be gone. It was more fun to play.That is all. I don't care neither about ur view on gaming industry, nor it is relevent here.
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should anyone want to go prone ?

In the war you have only 2 things to do, start running and shoot at everything that moves.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozieo wrote:
Why should anyone want to go prone ?

In the war you have only 2 things to do, start running and shoot at everything that moves.

jeesh go play on your noob console

or better play bf2, diving into prone position is not only an extra fun gameplay element, but its also more realistic to have. 180 degree prone dive and a shot in the face to the enemy behind who started shooting first... yup skillz and good fun.

And I don't expect all fps games to offer a prone position, but for some games it totally makes sense like battlefield.. its just stupid when things previously added are taken away. Its like BF2 was a better in many aspects to BF2142 where a lot of things just felt shit, but they improved on some areas like the upgrading system, where as BF2 they expected you to live in the fucking game.

Overall though the BF2 was better.. and now looking at this game, it would still seem as if BF2 is better, mods, dedicated servers, ... oh but the gfx and destructible buildings.. yeh great, is it ever possible to get everything right eh

"A gradual dumbing down of everything. "

yup

" You can't even go prone in Fallout 3, the ultimate destroyed terrain with the sniper rifle "

fallout was completely and utter shite for sniper rifles or many of the other guns for that matter, i'm talking about actual manual aiming skill requirement, being zero. Seeing as you might aswel just have aimed at the fucking sky and you might have a better percentage of hitting your target with fucking retarded fake inaccuracy even with weapons in perfect condition, I guess it was good for consoletards who'd feel better with VATS aiming handicrap.

"In the war you have only 2 things to do, start running and shoot at everything that moves."

...right ..well you'd be dead first then. Rolling Eyes

anyway I'd place a bet on prone not being made available for the pc gamers because this is mainly a targeted for gaypad gamers.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ykazka wrote:
Stumpus - i like prone option in BF2. And it sucks that it'll be gone. It was more fun to play.That is all. I don't care neither about ur view on gaming industry, nor it is relevent here.

How is it not relevant here???
The answer is no prone in BC2, i responded by saying it's a GAME it will have destructable terrain places to hide -craters/ruins etc. and the only real sim out there that WORKED with prone was OFP. So, again, how is my comment not relevant?

I think you'll find yours is. Since the dev's obviously don't give a toss and your NOT getting prone whether you like it or not! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: