Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Gameguru Mania on Facebook [28890]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Gameguru Mania on Facebook [28890] Reply with quote

Love me or hate me, but I have jumped on the bandwagon and created Gameguru Mania Facebook page Razz I\'ll be integrating it with Gameguru Mania so that new updates on my website will be displayed also on Facebook. So feel free to join me there!

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
DDRRE
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't you open a group/fan page?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I was wondering when all these popup ads on here wouldn't be enough.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I will join. I do have a facebook account but I've only used it like twice.

As for the ads, I haven't seen anything annoying for quite a long time now. Adblock plus anyone?
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get popups or banners on this site anywhere but I've no interest to go to a Facebook page, I'll stay right here. I hate facebook.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
psolord wrote:
Adblock plus anyone?

Adblock is cool. But remember guys I still have to pay webhosting bills Rolling Eyes

Yes we know. Nobody is accusing you of anything dear friend. Wink

Is adblock removing you of ad revenue? If so, I'd be glad to access your site with IE (yak) Razz
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord wrote:
heretic wrote:
psolord wrote:
Adblock plus anyone?

Adblock is cool. But remember guys I still have to pay webhosting bills Rolling Eyes

Is adblock removing you of ad revenue? If so, I'd be glad to access your site with IE (yak) Razz

You can simply disable ABP on this whole domain.Wink
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozieo wrote:
psolord wrote:
heretic wrote:
psolord wrote:
Adblock plus anyone?

You can simply disable ABP on this whole domain.Wink

Ok coolio!

Anything for GGmania! I've been with this site since it was Gameguru.box.sk
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a new webhost. I've seen some for as low as $5 a month. $60 a year is not much. I blocked your ads because I get crap on my computer as a result of them. I like your site but your advertising is over the top!
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of ads here, but this sites content more than makes up for it.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Tom wrote:
Get a new webhost. I've seen some for as low as $5 a month. $60 a year is not much. I blocked your ads because I get crap on my computer as a result of them. I like your site but your advertising is over the top!

Feel free to block anything Smile

$5/month for a dedicated server, 100Mbit and >10TB traffic?

Oh give me a break man, haha, that's absurd for this site. Absolutely no way this site needs that kind of requirements. You are not 1up, or MSN or even Google for that matter. That's like buying a Lamborghini where you can drive 40Km/h everywhere. Makes no sense. Anyhow, with very little searching..

http://www.justhost.com/ $3.95 unlimited everything. I know several businesses using their services without issue. I know because I set them up.

It's funny too, when I do some traffic testing on your site it seems to say, with all your advertising, you stand to make approximately $14/day (at minimum)... I wonder, what do you do for a living other than yourwebsite? If you deny you get this kind of money than you definitely do not need the requirements you state and you should look at better advertising. Clearly you must get lots of money from this site and advertisements or you would have stopped this work you do. Something does not jive with your comments.

I've had sites with an average of 50 online members/minute posting to forums and gallery's with much less requirements and never once had a member tell me the site was slow. This site doesn't even come close to hosting that amount of posters. The other thing I see with your advertisements is you have over 600 sites externally linking to your site. Cut down on your abusive ads and maybe that would help.

More than happy to help you find a more reasonable host.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot nothing. I realize you offer downloads but most of your downloads appear to actually be linked to other sites and not local unless you have some hidden page. Why host downloads anyhow? If someone else is hosting them, just use them. Who wants a demo from a game 5 years ago? I gave you a host as an example. I don't recall any limits.

I don't mind ads but I hate ones that track you and record you. I hate ones that dump things on your pc without telling you. I've known people who came to your site and claimed to get a trojans off some of your advertisements. I use Firefox and I use adblock and noscript. 2 of the best damn addons you can use to secure your web browsing habits. I only use IE to go to Microsoft, that's about it. IE is the biggest POS I've ever used and it doesn't even support all the standards.

Box.sk is known to host lots of questionable sites. A quick look at their site, they say Price List and nothing comes up. That says a lot about that host. Rolling Eyes
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Tom wrote:
Who wants a demo from a game 5 years ago?Rolling Eyes

I don't plan to delete old news, files, trainers..anything. Also I don't plan to move site to new hosting. It would be too much time consuming. Cheap hostings can disable your account in minute without reason. I'm not crazy...

Besides, I always recommended my readers to use some Adblocking tools, so damn what you want from me?? Smile

Tom wrote:

Box.sk is known to host lots of questionable sites. A quick look at their site, they say Price List and nothing comes up. That says a lot about that host. Rolling Eyes

yes, box.sk hosts lots of questionable sites...no doubt. Fortunately, ggmania.com is separated since April 2008.

Last two years I have only 3 providers for advertisement. Google Adsense, Tribal Fusion and Casale Media. I think they are 100% serious. No trojan horses.

You forgot Exponential, so that's 4. Wink You said not to use adblock in this same thread. Laughing No biggie dude, great work on site, but I'll still pass on Facebook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: