Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Singularity: Scary as Hell Gameplay? [29263]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Singularity: Scary as Hell Gameplay? [29263] Reply with quote

Singularity is due out in North America for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on June 29, published by Activision. For once, Europe gets to play first--it\'s out there today.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from that, the game is God awful. Wolfenstein was leaps and bounds more technically advanced and fun to play to boot! The damn thing does not have a single interesting graphics option. What's next? Cap it at 30fps and allow only 1280X720 resolution? What the hell are these guys doing anyway? How could Raven do this?

My 4850 chewed right through it like chewing gum. Not that this is something bad, but it just shows how much processing power goes to waste on better systems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMJLh2pFxus

BTW, talking about 30fps, that Transformers game, is capped at 30fps! After the Split Second shit and The Shith Unleashed, we got another one capped at 30fps. Could someone send me their offices addresses so I can fly over there and fuck them up?
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now, interesting! isnt it ?
This game is nothing new to the market, something like a Half-life but little bit more advanced... like for 2010.
But, its cool! I wasted some hours playing it and believe me if i waste time on a game, then there is something about that game worth playing! Laughing

So, the graphics are nothing special, old stuff, nothing new... so what ?
I am sick and tired of people winning about games with awesome graphics and go fukin scenario, gameplay or any other interesting thing...

So Singularity stays somewhere in between...
Decent gameplay, decent graphics and decent story! Interesting weapons, i enjoyed the granade launcher Very Happy
So, whats the problem ? Wink
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tride

Some games do not rely on the graphics at all. See World of Goo for example. Although the cuteness factor is sky high on that.

Anyway, FPS games, are supposed to have at least decent graphics on the platform they are meant to run. Now if the developers, are a bunch of lazy bastards, and think that they have the right to fuck it up and then get paid for that, they can shove it up their buttholes!
yessum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord, so this game sucks because it's capped at 30 fps? Seriously...
pagb666
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am playing at 1920x1080 @ 60fps... Your computer has issues
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys read what I am saying or am I talking to a freagin wall here?

I said that Transformers is capped at 30fps. I didn't say Transformers sucks. I said that Singularity sucks because it is half baked. If you want my opinion about Transformers, it is pretty decent, although capped at 30fps. It would be 100% better if it was not capped at 30fps. Unreal Engine started at 60fps and now they are toning it down to 30fps. Meh!

As for my system having issues, I posted my Singularity video above, running on my Q9550 and my 4850 OC and it runs at ~80fps, thank you very much.

I said that Transformers was capped at 30fps and this is the fact for EVERYONE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtHpwZX3N-U
Either you have a 3870 or a 5970, you get the same result. That spells lazy in my book and the result would be much better if they weren't lazy!

PC is all about diversity and options and these guys are popping up like little pricks, thinking they can change that.
zarlin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="psolord"]Apart from that, the game is God awful. Wolfenstein was leaps and bounds more technically advanced and fun to play to boot! The damn thing does not have a single interesting graphics option. What's next? Cap it at 30fps and allow only 1280X720 resolution? What the hell are these guys doing anyway? How could Raven do this?

My 4850 chewed right through it like chewing gum. Not that this is something bad, but it just shows how much processing power goes to waste on better systems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMJLh2pFxus

BTW, talking about 30fps, that Transformers game, is capped at 30fps! After the Split Second shit and The Shith Unleashed, we got another one capped at 30fps. Could someone send me their offices addresses so I can fly over there and fuck them up?[/quote

Well i am sorry your pc don't get pushed to the limited , but what i have seen in the last years those extreme graphic games is worth nada ,

This game is very very good imo its funny , its spooky , weapons are great , and graphic you know if the gameplay is good why think about that , i do think tho that the graphic is good , i have no problem there , and are enjoying it , infact i have a hard time stopping because it has that " just the next one" thing to it. It is sad tho to spend so much money in on a pc and then the game makers don't give you a s.... for it , but hey no one forced you to it Wink Game of the year ..hmm could get there (imo) , the best i have seen for a loooong time

Back to Singularity " just one more level " ^^
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although anyone and everyone is entitled to his own opinion, I find it very peculiar that I receiced two answers, from two different guys, that just "happened" to register and on the same day as well!

Please guys, I'm fed up with "supporters"!
zarlin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord wrote:
Although anyone and everyone is entitled to his own opinion, I find it very peculiar that I receiced two answers, from two different guys, that just "happened" to register and on the same day as well!

Please guys, I'm fed up with "supporters"!

Yes i did Register yesterday , to add my comment because i think this is a great game , you did not ok , I thought you sounded a bit harsh toward the game i find cooool , call it : you in the minus zone, so i gave it a Plus. I have been using this website from the days of : Prince of Persia 3D when that came out , ( i was looking for cheats....shh ) and have since used this site because i find it a good site with lots of info and so on , If i did offend you in anyway i am sorry , tho still my thoughts are as good as yours Wink

zarlin
A supporter to a IMO great game , While waiting for HalfLife 3
(New registred user to a great site)
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your wait on HL3 is going to be quite long. Portal 2 though...yay. Sad
zarlin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
Your wait on HL3 is going to be quite long. Portal 2 though...yay. Sad

Portal ahh no thx , but then again i am in no hurry so np ,
RayzorBlue
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with psolord to some extent here, this game offers nothing new be it in gameplay or looks and while it is occasionally fun to play so can any fps be. I think if you want to make a good fps game you have to add something new to the genre or make it look bloody good and this game does neither and certainly is not comparable to Half Life (tride shame on you). That said the story is not too bad but the game is too short at about 10 hours.
zarlin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RayzorBlue wrote:
I have to agree with psolord to some extent here, this game offers nothing new be it in gameplay or looks and while it is occasionally fun to play so can any fps be. I think if you want to make a good fps game you have to add something new to the genre or make it look bloody good and this game does neither and certainly is not comparable to Half Life (tride shame on you). That said the story is not too bad but the game is too short at about 10 hours.

Np in your view

What new do you want , i meen it is easy to say "i want something new" what is it you want ?

This game use the unreal 3 engine , and the engine is having flaws , with the texture , but when the flaws do not show the levels , and graphic is just looking cool , compare it with Half Life i would not do , but it is around there so in a way i understand Tride , and for the 10 hours gameplay ...well are there any games out there that have longer gameplay , of the newer ones ?
jeremyofmany
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like HL2.
Nothing scary about it at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: