Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Wednesday Reading - Firefox's Tab Candy Rocks [29399]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Wednesday Reading - Firefox's Tab Candy Rocks [29399] Reply with quote

Great Deal on a GTX 480 - TigerDirect
offers the Galaxy GTX 480 for $439.99 with
Free Shipping! PowerEdge R410 replacement motherboard contains
malware?! - It would seem that some Dell PowerEdge owners
might have an extra surprise bundled with their
replacement motherboards...malware: Firefox 3.6.8 Re

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Ravenheart

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BitTorrent statistic is a complete bogus.
http://torrentfreak.com/tech-news-sites-tout-misleading-bittorrent-piracy-study-100724/

Please update the article.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what anyone says. 400+ bucks for a video card is a fucking ripoff. A 460 is good value for the buck. Be a cold day in hell if I ever spent 400+ on a 'video card'. FFS you can buy a full fledged 360 for the price of this card. Nvidia and ATI still don't get it.
PoliticalMaestro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do "get it" every penny for if they didn't it wouldn't be "economically viable". Dont judge others according to your logic, theres enough naive and vain people buying these superfluous items. I'm awaiting the adverts tempting you to trade a kidney for the next gen gfx card.
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenheart wrote:
The BitTorrent statistic is a complete bogus.
http://torrentfreak.com/tech-news-sites-tout-misleading-bittorrent-piracy-study-100724/

Please update the article.

There will always be bullshit coming from both sides. To take an absolutist view is disingenious and hypocritical.
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
I don't care what anyone says. 400+ bucks for a video card is a fucking ripoff. A 460 is good value for the buck. Be a cold day in hell if I ever spent 400+ on a 'video card'. FFS you can buy a full fledged 360 for the price of this card. Nvidia and ATI still don't get it.

The 460 exists to appease consumers like you. Nvidia KNOWS you won't buy the top end cards...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would I buy another one? There is no need. Like Koogle says, my screen is limited to push 60fps. Barely any games currently stress what I have now. I cant recall a game right now that made me think I was video lagging at all. If I got a 460, I'd just be getting it for nothing. Given cost of a console it makes no sense to spend $500 on a video card.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only reason to upgrade imo is to get a higher resolution that's playable at 30-60fps. I've said it before but my older rigs that have been repurposed play games even new ones fine with 7800 512mb gtx and 8800gtx cards.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opera has had functionality similar to tab candy for a while. Why are people still using failfox again???
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tab candy is shit for noobs, tabmixplus is good enough and using a fucking mousewheel to navigate faster, you'll spend more time fagging about looking at thumbnail pics with tab crappy (those Mozillatards to find some other gimmick shit instead of just improving more important areas and stop making stupid changes). The problem with FF ui is that the tabbar has much wastage pixels space (even with the new shit FF4.0 gui), the tab padding/spacing distance are stupid, when it is fixed so that the [favicon/tab title] spacing is to a minumum you'll have more room to squeeze more tabs on the tab bar, also allowing you to see more tab title info aswel. I sometimes have like 80+tabs at that point based on screen resolution favicons are enough, if you want to fag about looking at thumbnails then other addons like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4882/ are better, personaly its just faster to click the friggin tabs/remember tab locations(which helps by not using stupid retarded designed default tab managing shit*cough tabmixplus ) and using the mousewheel to flick through tabs.

" Why are people still using failfox again???"

Because of this site: https://addons.mozilla.org mainly at least the deve community can provide better. That and all other browsers seem to be developed by idiots including Firefox, but again its because of its existing addons that it stays competitive otherwise it would sort of fail hard, infact I'd go back to maxthon2.

I have like 50+ FF addons, 10 of which I would call essentials, anyone with a brain would know Firefox on its own is lame, but then compared to all other mainstream browsers it still offers the best and the most tweak ability/security control.

So why are you using FlOpera? its total shit, ok its better than the DummIEs browser, and definitely not as crap as Chrome in providing useful options/customization which is even worse. All it has is performance which ain't saying much,as it does fuck all else and looks like some el cheapo browser designed and built by idiots who can't design. I won't even tell you how many revisions it took them to just fucking copy what every other browser has managed to accomplish in the just providing proper autoscroll functionality. And only idiots would want a new tab opening up to the far right side of the tab bar, that kind defaulty behavior is because its designed by noobs for noobs. And not accustomed power browsing users.

Even Maxthon2 makes Flopera/chrome/defaulty vanilla IE8/9 look like junk with its far superior built in functionality/customizability done fucking right including tab control... and that still uses the IE8 engine..so I guess when it uses the IE9 engine with gpu accel its slighty slower performance+standards support will be a non-issue anymore. Still I'll probably still be using FF too many useful addons like stylish/greasemonkey/tabmixplus/Noscript/adblock/
=============

Quote:
Only 0.3% of files on BitTorrent confirmed to be legal - Nearly all of the files available on BitTorrent are of the illegal variety, according to researchers from the University of Ballarat in Australia

And look its fucking Australia, that country is literally run by fucking cretins, they should move Isreal there and fucking call Isrealia, they both have similar war mongering lying governments... they are like parasites that have spawned out of Britain another corrupt greedy/war mongering country with retarded spineless politicians who work for the corrupt Crown/and corporate interests and constantly lie and speak with forked tongues out their ugly bum faces, the whole entire academic system in these countries is run by plebs who also lie and get funded to provide research/ data that can be used to manipulate and persuade the stupid masses by these scumbags all the time.

Not to mention the judicial system is also corrupt with injustice helped by law/policy wankers making ever increasing illegal litigation to put their lawlessness within the law and help protect the real greedy emotionless criminals scumbums, same with America/Canada all the same cretinous scumbags at the top and in government/councils etc deceiving the population with the help of the media and its manipulation.

Besides I thought that country had shit internet access I'm surprised they managed spy into all BitTorrent files lol
====

and yeah those high end gfx cards are a rip off I think its better to look in the $100-$250 area for something ati/nvidia, though Tom the new 460's are better priced they aren't the same $400 ones in the upper market 400series.

Its just a shame the secondhand market for 2nd generation cards has dried up with people keep those back for things like physx/sli/crossfire/ and whatever cpgpu thing Ati gets right and makes more useful for apps/games when its pulls its finger out and gets its ass into gear, I'm still put off by Ati for their lack of decent drivers in fixes/improvements in things other than games (which even then I still see problems).

And the Ati 5xxx series still have shoddy 2d/opengl performance in vis7a, but otherwise their prices/3d performance/power wattage is actually much better than Nvidia on the whole. And Nvidia really have a screwed mid/low market compared to Ati, its a complete fucking balls up I can't imagine the number of consumers who've gotten ripped off on crap, rebranded 9series which are practically g8s, the 250series rebranded 9series gtx, its all a fucking mess not mention the prices compared to the Ati equivalents are a rip off, I wouldn't even bother getting one for physx.... but the entire price fixed market is being held by the lack of 2nd hand selling and people splashing out on new generation rip offs.

I'd wait to next year for gfx card that can do better at 19"+ resolutions with high image quality.

=======

Quote:
Parrot Does 20 Tricks In Two Minutes (video) - check it out

that was cool.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failfox, lol. Firefox fucking rocks. I will download that gay-named Opera browser later and see how it is..I know Opera Mini on my blackberry is ubber shit, be surprised if it's any better on PC. Been a while I tried it on PC really so I'll give the gay-named browser a shot.

EDIT: Opera hasn't changed a bit, it still is a POS. Slam firefox in favour of Opera? Well th4t1guy, you know jack shit about what makes a good browser. Firefox is OPEN SOURCE and 2 Firefox has REAL ADDONS. Firefox with No script and Ad Block is probably the most secure thing on this planet. I use IE when I have too but Firefox has been and will continue to be my browser of choice for a long time. Chrome is another huge piece of shit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: