Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Criticism of Starcraft II Arising [29413]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Criticism of Starcraft II Arising [29413] Reply with quote

Reports are beginning to surface
(thanks MadDog) that there is a surprising amount of negative user
feedback over Starcraft II. Have you played the game yet? Is
the negative feedback justified for Starcraft II or not?

s play and occasionally get a turn and it feels like it could be a lot of fun. From wha

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my computer doesn't even meet the minimum requirements and i haven't had a single bug, glitch, etc and i've played several bnet games, finished the campaign and no issues at all...looks like someone just needs to update their drivers.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like more people should have been coming here to read our/my comments eh? Fools. Blizzard sucks. They sucked the first day they began charging for WoW. Since then I never ever liked those cocksuckers. I even got into the beta more because of pressure from other friends pushing me to at least give it a try. I did and it sucked and I told them it sucked and not fucking likely I'd buy it. If the new Diablo goes on their shit system, I won't get that either. Blizzard can take battlenet and their protection scheme which is way over the top and shove it up their arses.

If you were expecting something bigger than SC1 was then forget it because this game has nothing sensationally different from the first one. Like my early comments, this is a clone of the first one with slightly better gfx.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i didnt get any problems with installation on the cracked ver. of the game Laughing
But yeah, the game is full of bugs - today some of the terrain maps were replaced with the AO maps Confused
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had zero issues with this game. I had a small notice once that I had too many units on the screen and to lower my settings or something to increase performance. This happened once during a fight but disappeared really quick.

Anyways I used the warezed version with the sc2 crack that was working in beta Smile. Reloaded has a new crack but I beat the game already and MP doesn't get me hot and bothered.
CaptStar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it yesterday, and so far im not disappointed. I never owned the original Starcraft, I was lent a copy by my friend (wink wink nudge nudge). But im enjoying it a lot more, and I dont think it was a waste of 60 bucks. I prefer having 30 missions focused on the one side, instead of 10 each like before.

Though Blizzard is greedy, they've said before that the next two wont be full priced games, so nobody should really complain. If you don't like it, then don't but it, its that simple. Theres plenty of other games to play out there.

And in regards to the part about always having to be online to play, who the hell DOESNT have an internet connection these days?
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptStar wrote:
I got it yesterday, and so far im not disappointed. I never owned the original Starcraft, I was lent a copy by my friend (wink wink nudge nudge). But im enjoying it a lot more, and I dont think it was a waste of 60 bucks. I prefer having 30 missions focused on the one side, instead of 10 each like before.

Though Blizzard is greedy, they've said before that the next two wont be full priced games, so nobody should really complain. If you don't like it, then don't but it, its that simple. Theres plenty of other games to play out there.

And in regards to the part about always having to be online to play, who the hell DOESNT have an internet connection these days?

Yea it doesn't really bother me if you need to be online when you first get it to activate your cd key. It's loads better than the other types of drm that more often break the game on me.

I was under the impression you could play single player and skirmish fine without a constant internet connection. The downside is it wouldn't save achievements.
JamieKirby

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an issue being online to play a game, what is the problem with that, i admit, modem users will have an issue, i would understand the negative reviews of modem users.

But people with broadband connections shouldn't have an issue with it unless they have something to hide i guess, they likely pirated it, thought it was crap and are bitching about it.

The game rocks, i am loving it, i am slowly playing the game, starting with casual, then will move onto normal, then hard and if all goes well, brutal, then i MIGHT go into multiplayer, but i highly doubt i will since 90% of all players of RTS games are rushers and think if you rush with a single unit to win makes you leet, it doesn't and you miss the point of the RTS genre.

Overall, Starcraft 2 rocks, i look forward to the other parts of it and diablo III, which i am sure will be using this Battlenet system and cataclysm as well.

That Tom must have issues or something, i know i can moan about things on forums, but i never use the language he used on this forum topic.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo hoo... Does the game have lan? No, and it's not that you need an internet connection to play, you must play totally within battlenet. That's shit. God damn shit to be honest. The game is nothing.

C&C Tiberium and Red Alert 3 kick this game right in the balls. 30 maps for StarCraft? Who gives a shit, I got over 100 for Tiberium.
spectra9
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why people increasingly need to have a crack for newer games nowadays, even those who buy them legally. Today's protection system is actually a harassment and downright annoying. Forcing an internet connection for playing single player games? WTH?
JamieKirby

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't have an issue with it, this battlenet way is far more better then what EA use, like 3 PC install limit.

I hate those, but required to be online is good, i personally don't see why you would have a problem with it.

Just say why you think its shit...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously my colorful metaphors hinder Kirbyboy's ability to read. Maybe I should talk like a little church boy for him so he can comprehend what he reads? Confused I play rts that I can do lan parties, I play rts that are not restricted through some shit ass companies tracking system. If you want to be ruled by some shit-ass company you feel free Kirbyboy and enjoy your $60 restrictive game, I and many many others won't. It's C&C for me and many other still going strong RTS games which allow me to play the game the way I WANT TO PLAY.
yessum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constant connection is an issue to those with a limited bandwidth.
blizzard bashed ubisofts constant connection drm, stating that sc2 would not require a connection to play single player. It does.

it's quite lol nowadays. but yes.. this game cost a bajillion to make. and it comes out glitchy and buggy... seriously. a lot of people love the game because they're hooked on the blizzcock and the amazing marvels of the original sc. And those who dislike sc2 are newbs to the gaming scene and have no idea what doom 2 was. it's bullshit. If a game, that's not meant to have issues, and is meant to be flawless, has evident issues then there's indeed a need for tissues. a beloved franchise is being milked and promises are broken.

d3 will be exactly like this, and the best part is... people will buy it because it's diablo. Will it be better? will it be awesome? diablo was good for what it was then. as were many other nostalgic games. if you played them then. deus ex, ss2, theif, nolf etc... then yes... they hold their merit to this day. but new games aren't developed for old fans. new kids require new games with new guns and new ideas reused over and over and new buggy things because sheep will follow anything deemed cool. And new gamers are graphic whores... try to get a new kid who needs a proper frame rate, and a million polygons and the latest unreal engine and the greatest shades of orange... play and old game like theif or system shock or even deus ex. it makes their eyes bleed. Sad

sc2 is just like sc1 with new gfx. if it plays like the old, in the smooth, fantastic manner, then maybe kids who bought just for the hype will play the original and appreciate it. but if sc2 is plauged as it is... the original will be dismissed.
PoliticalMaestro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starshaft 2 thats what its beginning to sound like in unison with its brother World of Wankcraft !

Nevertheless you can always show your loyalty with reputable developers of titles such as Witcher 2, Max Payne 3 and Mafia 2, yes indeed you've been plucked and f**ked and now you feel sucked !
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom talks like he thinks people read his comments, i don't care for your hate for blizzard you troll.

Blizzard ALWAYS puts out a great product. paying for a mmo? wow that's something NEW tom isn't it.

anyways so far game is great everything maxed on my acer aspire 8930g without issues, no connection issues, i cant believe there are still modem players out there. time for an upgrade.

regarding the no lan, i could give a fuck, if blizzard think that will help them with piracy then let them do it. the game is fucking epic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: