Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Kinect creator: Hardly anyone plays FPS on the PC [29706]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Kinect creator: Hardly anyone plays FPS on the PC [29706] Reply with quote

In an interview published by GameInformer
(thanks EvilAvatar),
titled Talking Kinect With Kudo, Microsoft\'s Kinect creator Kudo
Tsunoda makes the off the wall statement that \'hardly anyone plays
first person shooters on the PC anymore.\'

GI: Looking at first-party games and 360 exclusives in the future, are
w

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHA!

What a retard!

Hardly surprising though, since he is obviously have to do with console retard kids, that will believe everything they are told.

Laginect FTW!
spectra9
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what??? Of all type of games in the world, FPS is the ONLY one which will always be better played on the PC (with keyboard and mouse). I'm just amazed why couldn't they just make a keyboard and mouse for the console, instead of forcing this bizarre thing. Sure it's better for some games probably, but why not just use a tried and true input method like the keyboard and mouse which has been around for decades now bandhead
kittomer
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Like, really? I'd rather have my fingers broken before I seriously play a FPS on a console.

Also, there is no official mouse and keyboard support on consoles because

a) They make a fuckton of money from just selling all the controllers and other useless "accessoirs".

and

b) Can you imagine the whining that would ensue when people who play with controllers against people who play with mouse and keyboard realize that, yes, it indeed works better?
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really, im sorry but thats where most people play FPS bud. ON PC why? SUPERIOR controls.
We dont need aim assist like those that play on consoles.
We dont need big ass hit boxes like consoles.

Your non controller addon for 360 WILL fail to core gamers why?
THERE IS NO CONTROLLER... asshole.

all i can say is sonys anti Kinect commercials say it all.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only retards are the ones above me who are so clued out and live in some fantasy world that they just cannot comprehend the fact of "numbers". For ANY shooter on the PC, there are literally 10x more people playing the same game on console. You may think the controls are gay on console, but that's just an excuse made by lame person who has absolutely no sense of challenge. It's not so bad playing fps on a console and I played FPS since day 1 on a PC. I wont tell you it isn't better playing with a mouse an keyboard because you know as well as me that is a fact. But that is not the end all say all of FPS. Like I said before, PC is a dead platform and anything that is on PC is more played on console and that includes FPS games. I cannot think of one game on PC other that GayCraft that anybody plays more than on a console. I think you people need to seriously get a wake up call and realize the true facts of PC gaming. Just cuz some retard from iD or Chris the wonderboy of Supreme Commander comes out and says PC gaming ain't dead, means jack shit. They are trying to push their games on a platform by appealing to your stupidity and telling you the opposite of what's true. I feel sorry for the lot of you who just don't get it.
psychoo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL :DDD
they say PC gaming is dead since... 2000? Very Happy
pretty long death agony I say, and far from its end. but who thinks a bit, can see that it is nothing more than a marketing hype for the console, and those low IQ guys who buy console, like that kind of marketing. It's a moral support for them, not to cry all day and night over their console.
but PC will die only when a better PC is built Smile
but ofc, as long as there are more dumb then smart ppl, console will have a huge market Smile
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mooTom, 10X more players you say? Have you checked http://bfbcs.com/ lately? No? Thought so! As always your points are moot, mooTom.

Also please note the difference in server numbers you get when you are a PS3 owner. I see the game console online gaming is full of options! Nice! lol

But yes I know, PC gamers cheat (when they kick your ass because you are a retard gamer) but Console gamers do not, because you have more chances finding a 12yo for your opponent and kicking his ass. double lol
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Kinect was a major failure, so we all know that this guy does not have a right mind in place.
Oh, well, we've seen this before, so let's move on.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Tom, I just had to do this Very Happy

o/
HeavyStorm
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I'm late again to comment, but, first the guy is both wrong and right. There are more people playing FPS on consoles than on PC. But, since this became a flaming war before I could even read the news:

@spectra9: Probably strategy games are way harder to port to console than FPS, but I get your point. Controls in both games are superior when using a Keyboard + Mouse.
@Tom: PC Gaming is hardly dead, but is, as have always been, losing the (supposed) fight with consoles. For very simple reasons: consoles are cheaper, last longer and doesn't require a degree to install and configure stuff. They are also less prone to viruses (never heard of a virus in a console).
@psolord: Yeah, as soon as I read the news, I checked the site. Right now, the numbers of players at bfbcs of each console are similar to the PC, which means that almost twice as much people are playing BFBC2 in a console than in a PC.

We, PC Gamers, are like Mac owners. We love our machines, and we'd always hoped it be considered the ultimate medium for games. But it isn't. PCs are expensive, they need more time configuring and its owners have to be more skillful, they can have more problems, etc. They are not a "out-of-box" solution for gaming, when compared to a PS3 or Xbox. The only good news is that gaming console architectures are getting closer to that of the PC (XNA, for example), so in the future, it might be easier to port games from Console to PCs.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is not weather pc gaming is dead or not or if more fps games are played on consoles. It's about lazy developers, greedy publishers and gaming being pushed to level of retardation level.
Sony DID made keyboard addon for PS3, also it announced KB+mouse support even before it launched ps3. But guess what? Lazy developers never showed interest in codding for those things to work, and in the end sony even revoked linux OS support from PS3.

As for FPS games on PC, there are NONE at this time. Of fucking course no one is playing them because there is nothing to play. TPS console ports infected PC and now you get a FPS that is worth playing every year or so at best. (I am not counting those MOH/BF/COD clones that they call sequels which are money sucking products like EA sports department's products).

last decent FPS for PC was...I can't remember actually...Portal maybe, some will say that fallout 3 clone, what's it's name? Borderlands?

as for PC being complicated, ofc it is, but that has it's benefits. Consoles are cheap? What do they offer for invested $ compared to PC? Sure, they are good for games and that's it. Nothing else that they can do can be compared to PC. I'd say that they are actually expensive since they offer you nothing more than ability to put CDs in them, and every CD costs you 50+$. Cheap right? Fuck that...I can build 500$ PC wich has DVB card, TV, cable, satelite, plays games, music movies in any format, records, transmits data, serves as storage, connects my phone, my laptop my tablet my mp3 player, can play radio, internet radio, can open pdf books, can serve as a tool for many things and make me money. Need I go on? you can have all that for 500$, hell, you can buy used parts and make it for less than 300$.
Is your PS3 still cheap? It's as cheap as 300$ condom...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! A lot of people sure piss their day at work or on pogey eh?! LOL! I am not going to play the flame game, I got more important things to do today than educate a bunch or morons. Sorry but fps in general are played more on console than on FPS. Just throwing up a stat on BC2 means jack shit it's also not reflective of truly how many people are playing. A lot of people play unranked as well. I have about 3 or 4 fps on console and they are all played way more than on PC. Some don't even exist on PC because developers couldn't give a shit about a always pirated system that brings ZERO profit.

At least there are some people in this thread that have a partial clue. I don't really have the time to repeat myself constantly here because of a bunch of retards who can't remember what was said already a week ago. Some of my repeated points here are, console cost compared to PC, cheats on PC vs no cheats on console etc.

Enough though of the PC for $300 or $500, either list the entire gaming specs or stfu. You cannot build a decent overall system for $300 and play games on a PC like BC2, MW2, COD, Dragons Age.. I've already dispelled some idiots bs about $500 pc the other week. Read back. Another moron listed bs prices and another one who couldn't count couldn't see his pc was more like $1000 as opposed to $800. Like I said, if you can't list specs for a decent gaming machine for $300 or $500 stfu. Don't say you can, PROVE IT. Give me prices with sources or stfu. PROVE ME WRONG and don't give me lip because it just proves you are full of shit.
Renton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very late but I can say that actually FPS is the only genre of game that I always going to play in the PC. I suffer a lot with Halo 3, The Darkness and Killzone 2 with the console control scheme. Not because its difficult, actually is easier. Enormous hit boxes and autoaim makes very stupid to play, but the "sensation" of turn your head in a fraction of a second or look around watching your surroundings that the mouse can do is just impossible to emulate with an analog stick.

I dont care if I the last person playing FPS on PC or any other game on the PC (I only play exclusive titles on consoles). For me is just a better platform, no mather what the market says. I like it more, is harder in any way, yes. Expensive? Well, thats relative. I could give you a lot of excuses why I think is cheaper.

I mean... just stop doing something you like because the market says is dying (even if not) is just stupid. I dont like consoles, but I like games. I think they are by far the worst platform. Because of the online system, the discs, the control, the endless waves of pre-pubscent retards, the very poor image quality, etc. But I happen to like games. I like Alan Wake. I'm sure that if the game was in PC I would enjoy it more, but happens to be an exclusivity of the CrapBox. One of the first titles I bought for 360 (and old RROD-past-away one) was Dead Rising. I very glad the second part is going to be on the PC and as soon as hits Steam I going to put my money on it.
psychoo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, all that developers have to do is make CoD6 a cross platform multiplayer fps, so PC players can play against console players and watch their tears flow on youtube videos, like "leave britney alone!!" converted to "leave xbox players alone!!" Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: