Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Battlefield 1943 for PC is Cancelled [30337]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Battlefield 1943 for PC is Cancelled [30337] Reply with quote

According to this forum post on the Electronic Arts UK website by DICE General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson, the PC version of Battlefield 1943 has been cancelled.

There comes a time when we as a studio have to choose where to best put
our efforts. At DICE we\'re dedicated to taking care of our products
after lau

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Clockw0rk
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear DICE,

You fucking miserable cunts.

You shit on the PC community with 2142's terrible execution, you walk away from your steaming pile to make Bad Company a console exclusive, you blatantly lie about 1943 coming out for both PC and Console and only when you seemingly accidentally release Bad Company 2 on PC to glowing reviews of battlefield's former glory do you realize where you core market fucking started.

If you truly, honestly, sincerely want to focus on making an excellent PC experience.. then you'll give us our nostalgia muffin in the form of 1943 which we've been clamoring for, for over a goddamn year, AND give us an excellent Battlefield 3 experience as well.

What kind of fucking studio do you think you people are if you can't finish up a game which is already done and should've been more than halfway ported by now; as well as put real effort into the next project?

Sincerely,
the poor fuck who purchased all of the early Battlefield games on PC and all the goddamn expansion packs only to be fucked in the ass by a studio that doesn't know its market.
RayzorBlue
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am glad I chose not to wait for the PC version and got it on the XBox.
I knew they wouldn't release it on the PC because it would take sales away from Bad Company and Medal of Honour and there would never be a good time to release it.
I would have got it on the PC as well after playing it on the XBox but the fact is they can't afford to release a budget title that will take sales away from full price ones.
WilderWein
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interessting statement after reading the news about Steams distribution record:
4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Electronic Arts) - $25.4 Million USD

PC isnt a market, wtf? Well, thanks for the info, never buying fu DICE product again on any plattform.
Kompressor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"At DICE we're dedicated to taking care of our products after launch,"

Wow! The balls on these people. They sound like Sony with their crazy lies. Dice does nothing to support their games, like Bad Company 2, and is plagued with a number of multiplayer issues with either Dice's incompetence or just writing off the game.

I'm sick of these companies treating us like brain dead zombies.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We're confident this will lead to an even better experience in Battlefield 3, not only on PC, but on all platforms."

The mere fact he said 'not only on PC, but on all platforms' brought my expectations of what a better experience that could mean for PC...

...which is the better platform.. therefore one could be lead to conclude that it will only be as good as console.

"If you truly, honestly, sincerely want to focus on making an excellent PC experience.. then you'll give us our nostalgia muffin in the form of 1943 which we've been clamoring for, for over a goddamn year, AND give us an excellent Battlefield 3 experience as well. "

hmm nostalgia muffins Smile
beqerel
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: fucking capitalists Reply with quote

dam they are like sony , nice to know to not buy anything from dice anymore

almost purchased MOH , now i am glad i didnt ,
also i am not buying call of dutys series 1,2,3,4,5,6,78,9,9,0,0........ just to take our money for same game
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this coming a loooooooong time ago. It's really no surprise, there's BC2, BF online, Hereoes online and they are still supporting older BF's. PC is a small market and it's the least important and EA hasn't shown very good in terms of profits.[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: