Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

L.A. Noire Spans Three DVDs on Xbox 360 [30918]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: L.A. Noire Spans Three DVDs on Xbox 360 [30918] Reply with quote

Rockstar has so much to include in L.A. Noire, releasing
later this month, that it couldn\'t fit the game on a single DVD. Or
two. Rockstar has told Kotaku that its
upcoming detective thriller will ship on three discs for Xbox 360 -- or
a single Blu-ray, in the case of the PlayStation 3 version.

The only down-si

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
amra

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I personally don't care. But what are your thoughts? Will this news have any impact on your platform of choice?

IF I have the choice for PC, I'll be pleased if it is on a BR-disc, so no swapping (not only this sucks during gameplay, also there is more space for 3 dvds needed in my not so big shelf) or loosing one of three discs through scratches or whatever.
I'm a friend of "Just One Disc".
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the game is not available yet, this is all just speculation at this point.
I have played multi-disc games in the past - games that span over 4 discs. If you distribute the data as the game progresses, the swapping will be minimal.
There are plenty of ways to work around this, I would not expect requiring disk jockey talents from RockStar.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disc swapping vs image mounting... such though call.

Anyway I don't really care about how many discs need to be swapped, if they aren't that stupid they'll make an option for PC called 'full install', that's if it gets ported (couldn't careless if this one doesn't) And I'm sure for console land it won't be as bad the whining lamestream game media are making out or making a big deal about.. and who gives a fuck about how many discs they've managed to use. Only an idiot would see more discs as a better deal and pre order it.. if its the ps3 order it just because its on a one BR disc..

The more important question is, will this game be at all good in anyway? I find that idea of playing through whatever twisted storyline bullshit rockstar retards have come up for those who want to play as some detective hypocritical arsewipe infestigator cunt rather sad and boring. Then again I also give a shit to notice the increasing amount to degenerative drama tv show crap surrounding fLAWed hypocritically fascist western bureaucratic injustice and their just a job policy enforcing drones. Its just a smack in your face at the amount morally inept police state propaganda conditioning crap coming out to brainwash the mindless idiots who aren't paying attention! The mafia and crime really did just became incorporated within government and their legally protected mob of useful drones.

"I'll be pleased if it is on a BR-disc"

the fuck I'd buy stinking Sony & scum industries rip off barfRay player for any of my pc's, that shit can disappear in the sands of time along with the ps3, I'll rather wait for disc technology that isn't a overpriced rip off for recordable media and secondly doesn't stink of Sony and scums lobbied movie distribution interests. And you surely can't be living in that small a place to be worried about 3vs1 discs in storage shelf space. Get a backup hard a drive, and rip the discs, or make a bigger shelf Very Happy
Majnun

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, Red Dead Redemption sold 8 million copies last I heard and there is NO mention of a PC version of that.

And you people are dreaming about a PC version of THIS little niche game? (which I preordered get off me)

Good luck with that.

Seriously? Dreaming about a blue ray version of the PC version of a game that will probably not even see the PC? Man you folks are hopeful.

As for the disc swapping from what I've read it's at set spots in the game and there will not be any switching back to previous discs. Take that as you will, but 2 disc swaps...ever...that is all. Done.

Obviously I think the game will be good but that remains to be seen. I haven't played a bad rockstar game yet though.
amra

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

And you people are dreaming about a PC version of THIS little niche game? (which I preordered get off me)

Good luck with that.

Seriously? Dreaming about a blue ray version of the PC version of a game that will probably not even see the PC? Man you folks are hopeful.

Of course.

A standard shooter really doesn't raise my pulse in any way, but this game, if it is Open-World-Style, has my attention. I like the idea, of course realisation is another aspect. And I would not call it "little" ;)

Quote:

The more important question is, will this game be at all good in anyway? I find that idea of playing through whatever twisted storyline bullshit rockstar retards have come up for those who want to play as some detective hypocritical arsewipe infestigator cunt rather sad and boring. Then again I also give a shit to notice the increasing amount to degenerative drama tv show crap surrounding fLAWed hypocritically fascist western bureaucratic injustice and their just a job policy enforcing drones. Its just a smack in your face at the amount morally inept police state propaganda conditioning crap coming out to brainwash the mindless idiots who aren't paying attention!

By reading your comments I always learn words I've never heard before ^^
But its just a game. And I'm (you're all allowed to laugh) just too intelligent to be brainwashed by a simple pc-game from rockstar, or too old, what ever. The people at RS are just doing their work, producing games, I really doubt they're connected to any kind of government or enforcing some of their aims.

Quote:
The mafia and crime really did just became incorporated within government and their legally protected mob of useful drones.

Won't contradict you here, but I think I can see a difference between playing my game at home, and seeing all the corruptive stuff of any government.

You interpret too much into this, koogle. Maybe your opinion about RS isn't the best (obviously), but your links to the greater sense of thing won't hit any of my rational nerves. 8)

This is somethig everybody has to decide for himself, what is fun to him and what not. Rage is of no interest for me, just too simple, shoot, reload, drive, aim, heal, shoot, heal and so on, it's nothing new. I've played this enough. Compared to Rage shooting and then asking questions in L.A.N. sounds interesting.

Quote:
the fuck I'd buy stinking Sony & scum industries rip off barfRay player for any of my pc's, that shit can disappear in the sands of time along with the ps3, I'll rather wait for disc technology that isn't a overpriced rip off for recordable media and secondly doesn't stink of Sony and scums lobbied movie distribution interests. And you surely can't be living in that small a place to be worried about 3vs1 discs in storage shelf space. Get a backup hard a drive, and rip the discs, or make a bigger shelf :D

Having old hardware and no BR-drive. I also can't play games later then 2005/6, but if I upgrade I'll probably buy a cheap BR-reader. Most movies now on BR, with same price as a DVD, but better quality. And I doesn't own a PS3 or anything like that, so a simple BR-drive won't destroy my karma that much. Politics mostly can suck my cock, I give a fuck what Sonys connections to BR are. But I care for arrangement in my real small working/playing room. Of course I have the space for 3 DVDs, but no desire for new furniture. :P
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amra wrote:
Rage is of no interest for me, just too simple, shoot, reload, drive, aim, heal, shoot, heal and so on, it's nothing new. I've played this enough.

Replace Rage with 'x'. Valid for most shooters nowadays. IMHO, the last shooter worthy of attention was Borderlands.
But, that is another discussion. The point is, most shooters feature little of interest. Sure, they are getting more realistic, but that's exactly how the fun factor is lost...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: