Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Epic Talk Samaritan & The Future Of Gaming Graphics [30944]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Epic Talk Samaritan & The Future Of Gaming Graphics [30944] Reply with quote

Learn all about the new, exciting DirectX 11 technologies Epic and NVIDIA created for the incredible Samaritan technology demo, shown running in real-time on three NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580s at GDC 2011. Also, Epics technology maestro, Tim Sweeney, talks about the future of graphics and how Epic helps others make their ow

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what? I fail to see what's so special. I can see that being important in the next console but for PC, who cares.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you fail.

You play lagfestive, washed out, dumbed down games in 720P and you enjoy them. What else is new?

It's called progress man.

The reason why AvP was looking like this

and now looks like this

Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 x 580 cards = $1500. Stupid is what this video is. Waste of money. Progress my ass. Progress for the moron PC gamer who is easily separated from his money. If this is all Epic has to show, then they definitely must be sliding down the shitter. Looks like they will soon be console only. This is like a cry for help video. Keep faith pc gamer morons, looks what could be on your screen years from now. YAWN.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about shortsightedness...! Rolling Eyes

Let's hit the evolution brakes while we are at it and go back to space invaders, meh!

You are conveniently discarding the fact that a 1024 core "GTX 680" will be absolutely possible on the 28nm fab process, which will be available 9 months from now.

Yes, three GTX 580s feature 1512 cores, but don't forget that you don't ever get linear scaling when going multi gpu. The more gpus in the pipeline the less the scaling. So 1024 on die cores, should do the trick.

Quite possibly we are still looking at a 500$ card, but fuck it, we are talking awesome quality here. Now go back to your 720P gaming on 47'' TV, lol!
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it a frick'n break, Tom.. you DO NOT need to break the bank to build a decent system. 3x580GTX is whats needed now but down the road? Absolutely not. Like PSOLORD rightfully said.. eye-candy is progressing at break-neck PC SPEEDS, not consoles. They actually hold it back with their 5+ year refreshes. PCs refresh, oh, measured in multiples of months? Give PCs the credit spearheading the future of the tech for we, after all, do sooooooo much more than just play time-wasting games. I work @ Microsoft currently and consoles aren't paying me close to $20k/month to rot my brain out playing games after all Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: