Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Battlefield 3 release on Steam uncertain [31278]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Battlefield 3 release on Steam uncertain [31278] Reply with quote

Looks like that one of EA\'s biggest upcoming games,
Battlefield 3, is not currently planned to be offered for sale on
Steam. EA recently posted a list of digital retailers that
will be selling Battlefield 3 all over the world. One major player that
isn\'t on the list yet is Steam. At the moment, the US download
r

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hopefully this will get sorted out soon, as in the end, both EA, Steam, and gamers stand to lose something. "

...ermm well I hold no allegiance to the Valve's Steaming shit service .. so no I don't see what gamers stand to lose.. only drones who somehow think every non-physical copy of a game you own should all be in the hands of one single monopoly and its legal bullshit.

And the way I look EA they are the kind fucktards who would force you into have Origins installed anyway as part of the game requirements even if you did purchase through Steam or store, and I'm sure they couldn't be arsed to implements Valve's steam platform for the in game UI anyway.

If BF3 is a good game worth purchasing (I've got my doubts on it already) and EA Origins isn't just steam only more shit and useless by that time, then I might get it.. otherwise nope.
Lastspark
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people who hate Steam only hate it to hate it. Back when EA Link was out, you bought the game but you could only install it 10 times. After 10 times you had to buy the game again. Steam, once you buy the game, it's yours forever. Steam isn't trying to form a monopoly or do any "stupid bullshit". How can you shake a finger at Steams' daily and weekly deals? They always have 25, 33, 50, 66 and sometimes even 75% off deals on games that people have HEARD of. Not just on the indie games. I mean look at the Steam sales right now. 2k complete pack. $531 worth of games, a lot of them great games, on sale right now for 79.99. Most of those games are actually worth buying.

So it sounds like Koogle just hates Steam just to hate Steam. Steam hasn't done anything greedy like EA has in the past or how Activision is currently in the process of doing. And the fact that EA is trying to push a Steam competitor after already failing miserably once to the point where it cost them a lot of money just makes them fucking stupid. The majority of people won't use it because it's EA and EA has a history of screwing people over.

If you hate Steam because of how it was 10 years ago, then you're just stupid. You probably also still hate Vista because of how it was when it launched, even though a year after it launched it was perfectly fine, compatible and stable. But you are too arrogant to realize these things.
Febo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Lastspark, i use steam from, when it was released back in 2002 when was not yet a game distribution platform and i have not had a single problem, infact is my favourite platform to buy games digitaly.
Besides this could not care less about BF3 not coming onto steam, if i'd like the game i'll buy a retail copy, i don't give a puff if EA wants me to install they crap on my pc, i wonder why many people hates this.
BF3 looks good, i love the series, however i wonder why they lose time to have singeplayer in it, reather than polishing MP which they are masters of it.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using Steam since the start too. I agree it's a good service and they've really done nothing to hurt PC gaming or consumers for that matter. It's been a great service for me and I've bought lots of things and got great deals. Not to mention the download rate is always pretty good. It would however be nice to transfer a game. For example, if I finished Dragon Age and my Dad want's to play it, I should be able to give it to him along with my auth key. This is the ONLY thing I could possibly criticize Steam on.
tub0rg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

besides their refund policy, which is all sales are final no matter what even pre oders, their price policy, their deals dont mean shit if its still more expensive then the retail store where i get a real hardcopy i can resell and, most of the time, dont have to run steam in the backroundm, and the fact that steam was advertised before it was released as a means to rid counterstrike und half life from cheaters, which of course was horse shit even punkbuster was better then vac, i have nothing against steam. i mean i wont buy games there because eh their prices are fucked, and i hate games that force me to use steam since i was unable to play my games multiple times because the steam servers were offline which really bums me out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: