Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

XP SP2 Firewall warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lies and inexperience. if u accept something inbound, be that spyware or anything U have accepted then it's got safe passage thru your firewall. think Kaza, think Messenger Plus! U accept it then it passes thru. this behaviour is the same thing with leading products such as ZoneAlarm. firewalls still require intelligence and dilligence when using. the person who wrote this hasn't got a clue how a firewall works and what the shortfalls are. just because you put up a firewall doesn't ensure your pc is safe. look at businesse and their people who get trojans and stuff while their pc is in the office 24/7. spyware will talk if you allow it. i run adaware daily and spybot daily. as well i run antivirus and monitor my connections daily. if i see a port i don't know(netmon), i research it and do what's necessary to block it or stop it. oh, and, i haven't used a firewall ummmm, EVER, no problems, no trojans no long lasting spyware. before anyone knew it, and a security company called it. UPnP I had disabled right after installing. i notifed ms there was a possibility it could be hacked, they said, no. 1 month later some security company nailed ms for having a hole. experience and dilligence. i have had opportunity to test ms firewall. let's just say freeware Zonealarm wont be my recommendation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: