Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Microsoft urges companies to dump Windows XP [31643]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Microsoft urges companies to dump Windows XP [31643] Reply with quote

ed-support-don-t-you-think-it-s-time-to-retire-windows-xp.aspx\uot;Windows blog site, Microsoft\'s Stephen L Rose stated that there are two big reasons for leaving Windows XP behind. One of them is, of course, the fact that there is a new version of the OS, Windows 7, that\'s a big improvement over Windows XP (no

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish Microsoft would stop being such pricks about their licensing. There is no benefit for anyone except Microsoft that there are multiple versions of every OS... 7 home, 7 pro, 7 ultimate bla bla. Just make one fricking version and call it Windows 7 and then let people choose what features they want to install and stop trying to gouge people and complicate things. And then there's the OEM and retail and all those other annoying distinctions... just make One. Freaking. Version. and sell that at a reasonable cost. That goes for all OS:es, including the server OS. Just one. Reasonably priced.
amra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but this one version thing is for a company not the best way to manage features, and truely the current can't be better. But you are right, OEM and Home bla bla is crap. Desktop Home, Desktop Pro and Server, 3 choices... less enough for everyone. But for the price I think Win 7 Pro for 55€ is fairly okay (to me). I even got it cheaper through a promoaction. M$ really dropped their prices in the end user segment imho.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Extended support for Windows XP is running out in less than 1000 days

LOL ..What support? stupid fucking scumcorp. Oh noes all those happy with XP and their current computer hardware better mark their calenders, and start saving up to buy a new license for a new shiny junk OS. That doesn't offer much anything that is an improvement over free third party software, shell extensions and shit loads of other things people can still get for XP.

Quote:
there’s an OS out there that’s much better than Windows XP.

Very much debatable on what a business or person is wanting to get out with their computers and an old 10year OS called XP. Hardly much in Win7 that is much better than XP at all. DX11 games anyone? Razz Maybe jumping on the 64bit bandwagon, even though most PC 's sold currently are still only offering 4gb, and the vast majority still run PC's in the world only have 2gb ram on average. Yeah Win7 word processing and office workstations really going to increase the efficiency at anything.

Quote:
So bottom line, PC’s running Windows XP will be vulnerable to security threats.

Especially if they are using that flaming shit dummIEs browser called internet exploder. They ought to install something better like Firefox and still get gpu hardware acceleration. These security threats only work on fucking idiots, while Win7 comes pre installed with Microscum approved security spyware services just waiting for those with a brain to disable.

Quote:
Furthermore, many third party software providers are not planning to extend support for their applications running on Windows XP,

LOL, those XP running businesses must be shitting brix now that you've mentioned that microscum, who are these MANY third party software providers Very Happy Last time I checked they all know what makes money and if that means keeping XP support that means they'll be doing it... maybe they've stopped paying any attention to you, and sacked any retarded IT admin slackers who slurp on the MS marketing bullshit.

Quote:
which translates to even more complexity, security risks, and ultimately, added management costs for your IT department if you’re still managing Windows XP environments.

You don't get any of these problems upgrading to Winshi7e, most of the office workers will love the new shit OS experience to have to re-learn. Razz

With todays economic banking criminals, any business would be stupid to not upgrade to a new pointless Winshi7e OS. The debt will pay off for sure with better office performance Very Happy lolololololololololol
pagb666
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Hardly much in Win7 that is much better than XP at all. DX11 games anyone?

I got Win7 6 months ago... Haven't looked back since... Let me tell you how much... A-F*****-LOT
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with pagb666; for me, Windows 7 makes XP look like a biscuit crumb on the floor.

If you're on Vista though, there's very little point in upgrading to 7 unless you despise the interface. Better to wait for 8.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MS needs to see better numbers at the next quarter. Not by increasing sales, but by increasing the number of support licences.
Just think about it. When Windows XP support ends, companies will stop paying for MS - unless they upgrade to Windows 7. Considering that half the world still uses XP in the corporate environment, that would deal MS a severe blow.
I do not understand the need for the switch though. Why would a company need to upgrade in the first place? Companies do not need DX10, DX11 or IE - and XP is stable so it appears that there is no compelling reason.

Don't get me wrong. As an individual user I use Windows 7 at home. Once you installed 7 and XPified it properly (disabling all the rubbish in Windows 7 that is), you would not want to go back to XP. But, I still use XP in the office (that's what the company gives me) and I do not need anything better in the office - it gets the job done.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh Mr Microsoft's Stephen L Rose, if WinXP users were relaying on m$ and security patches, there wouldn't be a single installed copy of WinXP running after only a year after it launched. But don't be sad Mr Microsoft's Stephen L Rose, I pirated Windows 7 ultimate just like I did and will with any other windows release until some better OS comes around or I get bored with m$.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never bought MS product and i never plan on doing so!
Im using Win 7 and its far way better in performance from XP (im not talking gaming wise). For work its the best out there!
RayzorBlue
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I pirated Windows 7 ultimate just like I did and will with any other windows release until some better OS comes around or I get bored with m$.

And when a better one comes round no doubt you will pirate that too then they will fade away because noone paid for it see PC gaming for reference.
doodah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koogle wrote:
Quote:
which translates to even more complexity, security risks, and ultimately, added management costs for your IT department if you’re still managing Windows XP environments.

You don't get any of these problems upgrading to Winshi7e, most of the office workers will love the new shit OS experience to have to re-learn.

Actually, you don't. Win7 is FAR easier to manage than XP ever was. If you have simpering morons in your office then yes, they will need training. Everyone else will pick it up as they go along.

Csimbi wrote:
I do not understand the need for the switch though. Why would a company need to upgrade in the first place? Companies do not need DX10, DX11 or IE - and XP is stable so it appears that there is no compelling reason.

Security and therefore compliance. When XP is no longer officially supported, some environments can no longer use it (my co's included).

No support = no patches = ultra security risk.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RayzorBlue wrote:
gx-x wrote:
I pirated Windows 7 ultimate just like I did and will with any other windows release until some better OS comes around or I get bored with m$.

And when a better one comes round no doubt you will pirate that too then they will fade away because noone paid for it see PC gaming for reference.

lol. Are you serious?!
1. Linux is getting better all the time and it's (mostly) free OS.
2. PC gaming didn't die, not even close.

edit: hell, I'd really really like to see m$ fade away :d Like that's ever gonna happen XD
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, stop with that Linux crap please.
Its ok if you browse the net and stay in Facebook all day long, but for serious work like in CG most software runs on windows... So, Lunux is not a big alternative for now...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tride wrote:
Oh, stop with that Linux crap please.
Its ok if you browse the net and stay in Facebook all day long, but for serious work like in CG most software runs on windows... So, Lunux is not a big alternative for now...

I was referring to it just because it's free and it didn't die. On the contrary, it gets better.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No support = no patches = ultra security risk.

The only risk in believing that is you might actually be an ultra hysterical retard.

Quote:
Win7 is FAR easier to manage than XP ever was.

FAR from the truth, its still a pile of shit that requires better third party software for the actual 'easier' bit. Idiot.

Quote:
I got Win7 6 months ago... Haven't looked back since... Let me tell you how much... A-F*****-LOT

I still go back to XP, you know why I do look back, its because somethings XP did were done fucking right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: