Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Battlefield 3: Welcome to the Open Beta [31709]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Battlefield 3: Welcome to the Open Beta [31709] Reply with quote

Take a tour of the Battlefield 3 Open Beta. Learn about Rush mode and what this holiday season\'s most anticipated game has in store. In related news, Battlefield Blog has a list of some of the bug fixes that will be made from the Battlefield 3 beta to the retail game:

A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That list had better get 10-15 times as long by the time the beta is over.

My Petty Issues (TM) in no particular order:

For one, this game has no death animations. As soon as you shoot someone they turn into a ragdoll, and might even 'spring' from their previous position into the air (which is hilarious at times but sloppy). A game like this with such focus on eye candy can't leave such a gaping hole.

For two, I've run into an issue (pun intended) where I can no longer look through the scope of a weapon after sprinting/vaulting (not sure which is the cause).

For three, they've said they turned off the ground deformation because people were falling into the map below ground... that's still happening.

For four, I've run into people who have ranked up to level 36 (i.e. 'pivotrx' for example) in as little as 12 hours. If people like this are cheating, they need to create a system where people with a score-per-minute over 300 are audited for cheating tactics. If these people aren't cheating, they need to be segregated into games with only people who score 300+ per minute. The rest of us noobs simply can't handle a game with one of these people in it, let alone multiples.

Other than these issues (and quite a few more), when you get into an evenly matched game, it's awesome...
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, the bugs are okey. Its normal to have them and i am sure they'll fix them asap after release. This is BETA and its normal for every game!

What dissapoints me most are other things that they will not fix or remove.
One is the menus! I have to go throught 3-4 menus to customize my weapons. I cant swtich teams, cant create one with my friends.... this is retarded!

Another thing is the Recon Beacon. They have to remove this item from the game!
What wankers do is to run in the begginning of the game to the opposite team spawn and place this beacon in the bushes, then the whole game they spawn there and kill everyone in the back!
Pointless ala COD gadget for wankers!

And for the guys that you say cheat, they dont cheat. Its just easy to level up, i hope they make it harder to rank up in the final release. They might be testing all the ranks and unlocks, i dunno...
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zaaM7df6cA

Watch the ending Very Happy

Fuck Bf3, I have no intention of getting it for the PC and agreeing to its origins legal bullshit.

I'll laugh when I see it in a drm bargain bin, good as junk.
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Awesome vid...

Yeah, we're all talking about the same stuff here, I agree with everything. The menus drive me nuts!

What makes me most worried about the beta being in this kind of shape is that they have so little time to fix these things... Time will tell.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Koogle, cmon man ?
This retard that made this vid, cant figure out that the problem is in his "tv" ??
I dont have tha green screen problem ? Well, i dont use consoles either but... Laughing
People whining about the bugs in the BF forums are pathetic. Why all assume the game must be bugs free ??? lol, just pathetic
beqerel
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: this game sucks big time for PC Reply with quote

its very similar to medal of honor , engine is same one from MOH + bugs
i deleted 4gb of hd space after 48 h of beta this weekend

good thing they let me try game cause i wanted to buy limited edition soon

now i will not buy it .

MW3 will be bad as always so no fps this autumn.
RayzorBlue
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FS its nothing like MOH the maps are 4-5 times the size I would say and it is a lot less like COD than MOH was. Sure it has similar looks but its a similar engine + bugs of course its got bugs that's the purpose of running a beta to get rid of them. Its the most playable beta I have played in a while and Im getting very excited about it. Still got Red Orchestra 2 to play in the mean time, another great FPS and will probably get MW3 for the XBox at Christmas, that's all COD is good for these days.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted it for the lolz...Wolfenstien 3d was quite refreshing to see no?

..don't take it seriously I actually don't care about bf3 beta bugs pc or
console ...or bf3 for that matter. Though I will follow it and constantly make niggling comments about that encroaching origins EULA legal bullshit.
beqerel
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: bugs Reply with quote

i wanted to say that i dont want to pay for alpha game
as i pay for bf bc2 and when i started it was like alpha game

they just want money
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: