Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

The Drop Test: iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II [31839]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: The Drop Test: iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II [31839] Reply with quote

You will see the guys dropping the phones from various heights and then show the resulting damages to the product.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes good to see the scientific method of testing of mobiles, as demonstrated by today's koolaid generation of yuppies.

Last edited by Koogle on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And who wouldn't put an expensive silicon wrap on their expensive phone in the first place, not to mention most plans give a replacement in case of accident. Rolling Eyes
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone beats Nokia in this game...
Shows the Apple sweat-shop quality really well...
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 4 dropped out of my pocket at work and the back glass shattered... I was pissed... It has to land almost perfectly flat for it to shatter... quite the luck.

And no, those cases mar an otherwise IMHO beautiful device, which with 'gorilla glass' made me think one was unnecessary.

And no, hardly any plans will replace the phone under such circumstances... AT&T wanted me to pay them $250 plus the full cost of another phone. So now I have to have a crappy case on it just to protect myself from the million pieces of glass...

Horay for progress!
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miglaugh wrote:
My 4 dropped out of my pocket at work and the back glass shattered... I was pissed... It has to land almost perfectly flat for it to shatter... quite the luck.

And no, those cases mar an otherwise IMHO beautiful device, which with 'gorilla glass' made me think one was unnecessary.

And no, hardly any plans will replace the phone under such circumstances... AT&T wanted me to pay them $250 plus the full cost of another phone. So now I have to have a crappy case on it just to protect myself from the million pieces of glass...

Horay for progress!

Sucks to be you. This is my 3rd Blackberry Bold 9000. Never paid a dime for the replacements. I'd never get into any plan that doesn't have replacement options.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a BlackBerry Torch 9810 fan.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so much for superior apple build quality. Then I guess it's just what they wanted from their customers - more broken phones = more units sold. Most apple fanboys will just go get another one. Not that I care, my phone has it's back built out of metal as well as the frame itself.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Apple was the first on the market and Steve Jobs (R.I.P.) did a very good job in convincing people that they need iJunk.
Hence, the fanbase. The nature of being a fan is that fans don't realize that times have changed (just compare with music fans; same deal).
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with their products per say, I have a problem, so to speak, with their pricing "scams" and their innovative guillette like product lines and schedules. Kudos to S. Jobs and his team on making people buy a 400$ worth of hardware, striped of some cool functions then re-packaged into a arguably better 50$ casing and selling it for 999$. Then take the same product and remove the casing, put hardware into an monitor (make it ISP panel at first, then make it a cheapo TN later, retain the price of product) and sell it as a different device.

Make an mp3 player and sell it for 400$, convince people it's far better than similar product from China or microsoft that costs ~75$

Finally, make a phone that needs protective casing so it wouldn't break and sell it for 600$ (without monthly plans), convince people that it's far superior from Android based, faster phones with more of everything in them that cost 400-500$.

Seriously, that's epic win for apple and epic fail for consumers in the past 10 years.

I lost my respect and interest in apple when they stopped producing (ordering parts from Motorola and IBM) G series PC's and started packing regular PC (intel mostly) hardware into overpriced products. To me, that's just low.

PS. Apple was never first with anything. I really don't know what were they first with on market? Touchscreen brick phones? Motorola did it years before apple. PCs? Common. Mp3 players? Yea, they first alright, to put 3x price tag for a couple of gigs more in their product. I had portable mp3 player like two years before iPod saw the shelves.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not the first then. I was wrong, sorry.
But, it does not make crApple product any more appealing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: