Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier [31983]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier [31983] Reply with quote

PC Gamer reports that the next installment in the Ghost Recon series is for consoles only, and that PC gamers will get Ghost Recon Online instead, which is apparently Ubisoft\'s new approach to PC piracy:

Ghost Recon Online producer Sébastien Arnoult says that free-to-play games are a response to piracy – and an

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
sikapossu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

releasing bad ports months after console release so ubisoft can blame self if ppl dont want to buy anymore pc version
Rabbiddog
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikapossu wrote:
releasing bad ports months after console release so ubisoft can blame self if ppl dont want to buy anymore pc version

Yup, and these game companies wonder why they make no sales off of PC games. I am strictly a PC gamer and I can say that my spending for PC games has dramatically decreased in the last decade and that console ports is the number one reason why I don't buy many PC games anymore. I get so f**king tired of shelling out $60 dollars for a console port.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat. My FPS days on the PC were killed off due to this. It actually made me shift most of my focus to RTS titles MMO's City Builders and Mobas. RPG's have mostly become meh for me even on the PC with Skyrim being a good example.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Perhaps it will only take twelve guys three months to port the game to PC, it’s not a massive cost but it’s still a cost. If only 50,000 people buy the game then it’s not worth it.”

Yeah, if only 50,000 people buy the console port its not worth it?

Just repeat that, and look at how much they retail their games for? They are fucking lucky 50,000 people would buy the scrap they put out onto the PC.

Still I'm sure console market offers them a bigger supply of suckers, seriously about time screwb-u-soft and the top shit heads involved in it went bye bye.
Bert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...because we know that 95% of our consumers will pirate the game."
Really, sounds like this guy has all the facts. He should go into politics. We need people to spin opinion into fact more every day.
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, LOL! So much fail in a single interview hasn't been seen until now!
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well of course it will be 95% pirated on PC because nobody is going to spend money on a console port that will probably get biased reviews and otherwise fuck a lot of honest people over. So ya, it would be 95% pirated. I know I'd only get this junk off a torrent if I had even an ounce of interest and I don't.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of solving a problem, they ditch the market as a whole? They seem to think too high if themselves, ignoring the PC market like that.
I am no fan of this game, so I am not worried; I can only hope that when they are facing bankruptcy (down the road), they'll remember this.
Bye, Ubi, you won't be missed; nothing is better than a crippled piece of crap.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money first, pc, uhhh ya, pc, ya, uhh pc too. I'm glad for 2 reasons, pc doesn't need a shit port and I couldn't care less about it on pc anyhow. I was always a SWAT 3 fan. Smile
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing about the tired old excuse about the games on PC being pirated are that it's the most popular platform.

Steam/Valve has trouble making money regardless that every title about released on it ends up pirated. Sarcasm is intended.

World of Warcraft has had millions of people paying an entry fee plus any xpacs on top of a monthly fee to play it.

League of Legends a f2p game has even more than WoW and somehow they turn a profit off selling useless skins/boosts/extra champs if you can't wait on the IP.

E-Sports where would it be without SC? LoL is jumping into E-Sports with big backing from Riot and Dota 2 with Valve next year E-Sports looks to be in a possible position to explode.

What platform makes this possible or does this? PC.

Anyways most of us know why things are the way they are. The easiest return is console. You can put less effort into it and still make a buck even on a trumped up product. Hardware is static and the games are on rails and require no creativity or ideas to produce a game.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"“When we started Ghost Recon Online we were thinking about Ghost Recon: Future Solider; having something ported in the classical way without any deep development, because we know that 95% of our consumers will pirate the game. So we said okay, we have to change our mind. "

this sentence alone contains 95% of the reasons people pirate games these days.

1. No demo. We pirate so we can demo
2. After we pirate we:
a) see it's a console port, working poorly, looking poorly, playing poorly - we delete it
b) see that we don't like the game for whatever reason - we delete it.
c) a+b = we delete it
d) game is good in terms of gameplay and shit but a) spoils it, bugs etc - we delete it or MAYBE buy it
e) Game is fine, we buy it OR we are poor pirates so we don't but out of those 95% at least 30% will go with b) so they are not customers unless they don't demo it (pirate it or get a demo from official comapny) and get scammed into buying it.
30% are poor or pure pirates,, thus they are not customers.
This leaves us with 40% of potential customers and whether they will purchase or not depends largely on point b) or some other factors. Probably most of them (since they know how to get the game for free and are willing to do it) don't just want to give 60$ blindly, try the game, see that they don't like it and then just forget about their 60$. So yea, I guess only 5% of the PC customers (95% are pirates Very Happy ) are sheep that will just gamble with 60$. That tells us one horrible thing - those people haven't got a fucking clue about values!!! (human or otherwise) They just plain stupid.

But I can say almost for certain that 90% out of those that DID pirate the game because they pirate games (download for free and a) + b) or c) ) wouldn't buy it anyway, demo available or not. So they are not your customers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: