Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

CD Projekt Allegedly Suing The Witcher 2 Pirates [32089]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: CD Projekt Allegedly Suing The Witcher 2 Pirates [32089] Reply with quote

ing thousand of emails to gamers who downloaded hit RPG The Witcher 2, demanding as much as $1,200 and threatening legal action against those who don\'t pay. After digging up some personal info on the pirates with the help of a torrent monitoring company, the emails began to fly.

ing them hefty cash settlement propo

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sod the legal crap. Send round the heavies to break a few arms, then watch them try to play the game.
One thing is for sure, they wont grass who did it. Police:"why did someone break your arms?" Dickhead:"Cause i've got a PC full of illegal $hit..." Don't think so. Laughing
MBGeekDon
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Amazing how many people are upset with this Reply with quote

If you go to the link you've got hundreds of people complaining how it's not right for them to be going after people. REALLY?!?!?!? They give us a great game WITHOUT DRM, released the game in a playable state, quickly fixed what bugs they could, released FREE DLC and they shouldn't go after their money?

Sorry torrent users, you don't have a leg to stand on. One of my favs is that they should just be going after the going price for the game...um...NO...that was the price if you properly bought it, not after they had to track you down, contact you and possible have to sue you. If companies were only entitled to the price of the software then EVERYONE would just pirate it and play the odds that no one will know and then just pay for it IF you got caught... Rolling Eyes

Gimme a break...LOL
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what they are doing is right. Also, I think that the 1200 is a lot more reasonable than the numbers that other companies throw at people.
But, the way they go on about it does not seem right because an IP address or a host name does not constitute a identity. It can be shared, it can be dynamic, etc. I read somewhere that torrent is popular in universities. So, who exactly do you bill in a school? Or, other organizations?
Threats don't work. So, I agree with Stumpus. Break a leg or break an arm. That'll work. People torrenting a non-DRM game deserve that anyway (on top of the fees).
beqerel
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think they will earn more money by that action.

someone who doesnt have money to buy game will not do it anyway.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1200 is reasonable? for monitoring IPs and hiring dishonest scum law firm? Very Happy

lol these scum buckets who play this legal degenerate game are on way street to hell. They too fucking dumb to realize they are getting fucked by the same scum system they support and think will protect them.

I'm not surprised we have such moronic shit heads who think threats and violence actually solve anything. Csmini, MBGeekDon Stumpus, your tiny little scum stained brian cells must be working overtime on rationalizing such actions.

Get fucked you scumbags. I do not support any companies that do that shit, they may just be players in a bad game, but they've decided to go with legal degeneracy.. it will be good to watch them dissolve like all corrupt salaried scum that work for those false doctrine ideologies.

The Watcher Wink
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you kidding me ? I downloaded this game and its still on my PC..... I havent played past first level AND i must pay those 1200 ?
They can milk my cock, nothing else! LOL
Dumb ass idiots, i hope they fail in this!
And ill definitely pirate their next product!
Thats just not the way!
They made A LOT of money with this game because of its quality! Why the hell they go after people for more ?
They wont beat piracy, thats for sure!
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all you idiots that use torrents are nubs, learn to use IRC, easy to block ur ip.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Koogle, it certainly is more reasonable than 10000+.
I agree that we disagree on our stances regarding pirating DRMless games.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1200 threat is reasonable for $60 game

What fucking planet you come from? Its another extortionate legal racket that wants to disguise itself morally righteous, when its actually just scumbaggery that does even more wrong. Because they wants to make out their is compensation owed to a dead corporate fiction and the rest of parasites that have attached themselves to the cause for their benefit.

It doesn't change the fact that if the game wasn't copied or played by anyone who didn't pay for the privilege of what I'd called a pretty mediocre game that isn't for everyone. You cannot quantify this, but rest assured legal scum will lie to the cows get killed that its hurting their client.. I tell you who hurts them even more, legal scum because they protect a corrupt dishonest and manipulative crony system in the first place.
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most people upload while downloading a torrent, 1200 stems from the fact that u stole the game and gave stolen goods to others. 1200 is a fair number, enough to sting you bad enough to teach you a lesson. I'm guessing koogle is one of the pirates that was dumb enough to steal a game thinking it was his right to do so and got burned badly.

Also, heretic i completely agree 100% with you.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guess fucking wrong you geriatric scumfuck...'steal a game'.. hahah lol fucking retard.

And $1200 stems from greed and sadistic nature of human legal degeneracy.. that shit heads like you actually think makes things better, the only thing it does it hurt those who don't have the money anyway.. those who do have the money to pay it aren't effected by it.

I pitty scum stains like you, because really you're not providing a solution, you're coward delinquent that will help perpetuate a bad system that you think won't fuck you while try to stay on its good side of being legal abiding sheep for stupid man made acts to protect greediness, ego and status at the expensive of screwing others and making scapegoat to deceive those who don't fucking pay attention to what the REAL FUCKING PROBLEMS ARE you moronic shit head.

I won't even get into the hypocrisy of you dipshits while you turn a blind to stinking turd of corruption that is about to pushed down the hill over you.. this crap won't fly for many more years.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in the eye of the law a pirate could even face jail time.
1200 is a good deal to avoid that and I guess when you get there, you would even pay 10000+.

BTW, what are you so unhappy about Koogle?
Is there any way to please you?
If there's DRM, that's a problem. If there's no DRM, that's a problem too.

IMHO, CD Project has shown a sign of trust to the gamers who have been complaining about DRM, providing a decent title without any form of DRM. I, for one, enjoy DRM free games and since I want the trend to continue, I gladly pay the price for the titles I like. You don't like the title? That does not give you any rights to pirate it.
I see everyone pirating a DRMless game as a scum. Why? Because you are ripping me off as well (of future DRMless games).
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:

BTW, what are you so unhappy about Koogle?

I can only guess that it would be the world order that it's in effect now. Not that it's going to improve in the near future, but anyway... Every aspect of our already controlled lives seems to piss him off to the point he explodes in detailed posts about all the vices of our society that have been digging deeper ever since people started worshiping Mammon. It's sad, because I'm sure Koogle would be a nice guy to chat with if there wasn't anything to irritate him.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Piracy is a problem, but this is not the answer!

How MUCH easier would it be for devs to just release a bloody DEMO so people do not have to resort to torrents to check if the game is worth the money.

No point in releasing a demo when you can make money off suing pirates Laughing

You're right though. Demo's would only ever help companies to get more exposure for the game, but I think probably 80-90% of pirates wouldn't care if there was a demo or not. A lot of the problem with piracy is that it's easy, compulsive, and it's the case that only careless or noisy pirates feel the brunt of legal action.

DRM 'can' be a bitch, and often causes more harm to honest buyers. That's what annoys me the most. It also pisses people off to a point where it can encourages them to pirate games they never wanted to in the first place, or forces them to use a crack to always avoid this shit.

Most of my friends jumped off the torrents bandwagon a long time ago because it's becoming less and less secure. A few of them either go the more involved route, or switch to private forums where there is an abundance of fast daily filemirrors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: