Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - TV line-up to offer dual-view gaming [32461]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: TechNews - TV line-up to offer dual-view gaming [32461] Reply with quote

Best Graphics Cards For The Money: February 2012 -

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hackers Can Easily Track Your Mobile Phone

Oh rly ? Rolling Eyes We didnt know that... we thinkz we untraceable and our communication is private. No hackers or goverment can find us Embarassed
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

especially when you keep HTC location service ON Very Happy
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will only affect the general public that over pays for cell services and phones anyways. Natural selection.
Kompressor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you're located, but everyone in the US overpays for inferior cellular service that nickle and dimes you to death. If you want great coverage, high quality calls, and dirt cheap prices, move to a third-world country. Unlike the US where every cellular provider has to built their own towers, unlike the rest of the world where the towers are shared. It's crazy, I'll be looking at two towers right next to each other and I won't have a signal because neither of those towers are for my provider.

P.S. That new Windows 8 logo looks like total crap.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's called capitalism, US is the biggest promoter of it. You like it when you get your paycheck, but you don't like it when greedy companies overcharge so they can make money for those paychecks Razz I mean seriously, what do you expect? Smile Cashiers in US have bigger salary then professors in third world countries and food prices are the same. Someone has to pay for all that...somehow...The hell with good reception, in my country cashier almost cannot afford to talk via mobile phone because he has ~400$ per month...
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kompressor wrote:
I don't know where you're located, but everyone in the US overpays for inferior cellular service that nickle and dimes you to death. If you want great coverage, high quality calls, and dirt cheap prices, move to a third-world country. Unlike the US where every cellular provider has to built their own towers, unlike the rest of the world where the towers are shared. It's crazy, I'll be looking at two towers right next to each other and I won't have a signal because neither of those towers are for my provider.

Have you even seen what's available in the US? Every store is full of cheap phones. I can get better cheap phones with better coverage than just about any other country. Asia might be an exception but I'm sure the coverage isn't as good. You can pick up a slide phone that does bluetooth has a keyboard and camera for about ten bucks with 750 minutes included. Here's another thing you might not be aware of but you can get free cellphones and service if you qualify for low income or other programs in the USA.

Target and Wally mart are full of these phones literally walls of them. These phones are the best bang for the buck and even more if you shop around for net10 tracphones etc.

I had a cellphone in the 90's that my parents paid for. It required my father's cosignature and of course a two year contract. The system (large carriers with shiny new phones) hasn't changed at all since then. You pay the same I did over a decade ago for nothing all that different. There are reasons MetroPCS is growing with it's flat rate pricing and coverage. My wife's relatives even the ones that got hit hard by the economy still go out of their way to get these fancy toys from large carriers like sprint and verizon even if they can't afford them. All they do is play games on these things to waste time when they could of just spent fifty bucks on a 7 inch tablet or a used Nintendo DS and gotten a better experience and saved more.

Culturally in the USA people seem to look down to others using MetroPCS or other cheap services such as pay as you go. I find it an odd thing in society when people judge someone based on what they spend on a device or service regardless if it's better or not. I get these looks and judgements every week with my cheap ass phone. They think I'm some sort of poor idiot that is barely making it when it's completely the opposite.

Am I just to realistic or practical here?
Kompressor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
Kompressor wrote:

Have you even seen what's available in the US? Every store is full of cheap phones. I can get better cheap phones with better coverage than just about any other country. Asia might be an exception but I'm sure the coverage isn't as good. You can pick up a slide phone that does bluetooth has a keyboard and camera for about ten bucks with 750 minutes included. Here's another thing you might not be aware of but you can get free cellphones and service if you qualify for low income or other programs in the USA.

Target and Wally mart are full of these phones literally walls of them. These phones are the best bang for the buck and even more if you shop around for net10 tracphones etc.

I had a cellphone in the 90's that my parents paid for. It required my father's cosignature and of course a two year contract. The system (large carriers with shiny new phones) hasn't changed at all since then. You pay the same I did over a decade ago for nothing all that different. There are reasons MetroPCS is growing with it's flat rate pricing and coverage. My wife's relatives even the ones that got hit hard by the economy still go out of their way to get these fancy toys from large carriers like sprint and verizon even if they can't afford them. All they do is play games on these things to waste time when they could of just spent fifty bucks on a 7 inch tablet or a used Nintendo DS and gotten a better experience and saved more.

Culturally in the USA people seem to look down to others using MetroPCS or other cheap services such as pay as you go. I find it an odd thing in society when people judge someone based on what they spend on a device or service regardless if it's better or not. I get these looks and judgements every week with my cheap ass phone. They think I'm some sort of poor [censored] that is barely making it when it's completely the opposite.

Maybe that's another reason why cell service is so expensive here, because the people that CAN pay for cell service is paying extra to cover the people that are getting it for free.

I recently watched a few episodes of AnIdiot Abroad and I see him in the middle of the jungle, in the middle of the desert, and in the middle of a frozen wasteland talking on his iPhone with perfect clarity. Here in the US, I will literally be in the middle of the city or suburbs and not have a signal.

I thought MetroPCS was good too with its pricing, but apparently like with everything, you get what you pay for. I have some friends that use it and they hate it more than anything. They will not have a signal when I do, they get dropped calls all the time, and when I talk to them they're all garbled. No one else I talk to is garbled sometimes and always getting dropped.

I never noticed anyone looking down on someone because they use MetroPCS. Perhaps you're very judgmental or something, I don't know. And why are you judging people for buying expensive phones? If they want to buy an expensive phone opposed to a Nintendo, let them. Everyone being different is what makes this world great. If everyone was the same, this would be a very boring world with very little innovation.

You should do a little research on cell service in other countries. Even very poor countries have better service than we do. And maybe it is because of capitalism why cell service is so bad here, but even the poor in the US have a much better quality-of-life than most of the world. If I have to pay more for cell service for better quality-of-life, so be it. Nothing is perfect. Nothing!
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you are not holding your iPhone correctly? You should watch Steve Job's video about how you should properly handle it Razz

on a serious note, almost all these new android/iOS phones have crappy sound, either incoming, outgoing or both. My friend complained how his calls made HTC sensation sound bad and how network is crap, then I gave him my old nokia e51 and sound was clear and crisp. Conclusion: buy a phone if you want good service and sound. Expensive toys called "phones" these days are mostly anything but.
Kompressor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the phone. I have a Motorola i1 that has awesome sound, but the phone is extremely limited. I also have a HTC EVO 3D and I love it, but the speakers are crap.

I don't own any Apple products. Never have and I don't know if I ever will. Maybe someday they will make something worth buying and not overprice it so much because you're paying a large premium for the name.

I currently use Sprint and I think they are the best of all of the providers. I'm not saying they're great, just the best of what is available.

On a side-note: I was an early adopter and I had a brick Radio Shack cell phone through Airtouch Cellular. This was back when pagers were the thing. And I remember this one time I was in a supermarket by the front lanes and there were allot of people there and my brick rang and I started talking on it, then I looked around and EVERYONE was staring at me in total amazement. You'd think I was a space alien or something. I guess it was so foreign to them and they have never seen such a thing before that they couldn't believe it or help themselves. It was pretty funny. I don't remember how much I was paying per minute to use that phone. I actually still have it someplace.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kompressor wrote:
Baconnaise wrote:
Kompressor wrote:

Culturally in the USA people seem to look down to others using MetroPCS or other cheap services such as pay as you go. I find it an odd thing in society when people judge someone based on what they spend on a device or service regardless if it's better or not. I get these looks and judgements every week with my cheap ass phone. They think I'm some sort of poor [censored] that is barely making it when it's completely the opposite.

Maybe that's another reason why cell service is so expensive here, because the people that CAN pay for cell service is paying extra to cover the people that are getting it for free.

I recently watched a few episodes of AnIdiot Abroad and I see him in the middle of the jungle, in the middle of the desert, and in the middle of a frozen wasteland talking on his iPhone with perfect clarity. Here in the US, I will literally be in the middle of the city or suburbs and not have a signal.

I thought MetroPCS was good too with its pricing, but apparently like with everything, you get what you pay for. I have some friends that use it and they hate it more than anything. They will not have a signal when I do, they get dropped calls all the time, and when I talk to them they're all garbled. No one else I talk to is garbled sometimes and always getting dropped.

I never noticed anyone looking down on someone because they use MetroPCS. Perhaps you're very judgmental or something, I don't know. And why are you judging people for buying expensive phones? If they want to buy an expensive phone opposed to a Nintendo, let them. Everyone being different is what makes this world great. If everyone was the same, this would be a very boring world with very little innovation.

You should do a little research on cell service in other countries. Even very poor countries have better service than we do. And maybe it is because of capitalism why cell service is so bad here, but even the poor in the US have a much better quality-of-life than most of the world. If I have to pay more for cell service for better quality-of-life, so be it. Nothing is perfect. Nothing!

I haven't had a problem with MetroPCS and the services work fine even the psuedo 4G. Metro as well as some of the other services like net10 and that free phone I'm talking about piggy back off sprint or some other large carrier. If you're service is actually spotty then it wouldn't matter. Biggest problems in call clarity in my experience are antenna placements and transmit power. I've got a cheap motorola and kyocera that for example that are more prone to interference due to the antenna and lower power. Samsung one I've tinkered with awhile ago had great reception because it had more power. There's a reason the repeaters and amps work.

My other gripe with when talking about other countries is they aren't spread out as much as the USA and in many cases of second or third world countries they won't have nearly as much interference. I can pull up around ten wireless networks on my street filled with older people. These problems exist in every country regardless.

My comment about people judging you based on your phone and service is valid. Idiots actually do this and it's not any different than cars or much else.

I've been to Mexico, Italy, UK, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Bahamas, and Brazil. It's not better. How can paying ten bucks for a phone with 750 minutes with slide out keyboard and more not be cheap? You can go cheaper but the features alone and for ten bucks? How about free?

http://www.assurancewireless.com/Public/Welcome.aspx

You can have a 250 minute a month phone for free and 500 a month for 5 bucks. Please pass what you're smoking.
Kompressor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that free cell service isn't available in California.

Do you know of one in California? I may know someone that can use it.

P.S. I never said that service didn't exist, so I don't know why you're talking about smoking things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: