Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

XBox 720: Blu-ray Inside, Internet Required [32676]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess (I and I mean GUESS) that next PlayStation will use the same douche bag approach and require internet connection.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I guess (I and I mean GUESS) that next PlayStation will use the same douche bag approach and require internet connection.

Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
Csimbi wrote:
Internet required? No problem. I was hesitating to buy one, but that just made sure I ain't buying it. I just saved loads of money for the next Playstation I guess.

The PS4 requires you use it with a Sony brand TV only. Sorry to shit on your day.

I already have a 60inch Bravia. Sorry to shit on your day.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
gx-x wrote:

Looking at that motto, quite possbile.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Baconnaise wrote:
Csimbi wrote:
Internet required? No problem. I was hesitating to buy one, but that just made sure I ain't buying it. I just saved loads of money for the next Playstation I guess.

The PS4 requires you use it with a Sony brand TV only. Sorry to shit on your day.

I'm sorry you have a Sony TV Sad. I wouldn't have made that comment if I knew. Hope things get better for you.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is 60" bravia using that ASV panel (made to compete with TN panels) from sharp? Or is it using old S-PVA tech from samsung?

I don't mean to add salt to the wound, I am just curious what scam is $ony running with 60" models ^^
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Billy boy finaly suck it up and go with blu-ray. All this modern day disc swapping makes the Xbox bring back the golden days of DOS and Win95/98 gaming that came on 4+ CD-ROMs. Hail to the King, Baby!
Still waiting for the Micro$oft 60" TV? Amazing that most gamers around the world on PC or console will be playing on a japanese panel or components, whether the like it or not.
If they are so smart at having the -used to be- number one console in the world, why not branch out into dedicated TV/Monitors? Oh wait..The XBox 720 was probably going to come with a multiple CD-Changer if they hadn't gone all japanese. ROFL!! The XBox is just a GPU in a plastic box that is for keeping the easily pleased happy. As for permanent internet, that's net-nanny. Can't have them playing too long, it might affect their eye development. Fitness was brought in with the Kinect, seeing as kids nowadays do $hit all except stuff their faces with burgers, now they can wave their arms and order them on the net!
Gotta love folks that live in glass houses.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, $ony differs from m$ in regard to parts used only by themselves being a company from Japan. Other than that, they are like Apple, they take parts from various contractors and stamp their logo on the final product. There are some exceptions of course, but 90% of their products is not their tech at all. Same goes for m$ and some other companies. In the end, most parts come from Asia, from countries with cheap labor force. I've come to accept that long time ago.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
Csimbi wrote:
Baconnaise wrote:
Csimbi wrote:

I'm sorry you have a Sony TV Sad. I wouldn't have made that comment if I knew. Hope things get better for you.

Don't be. It's pretty good actually and consumes the least power in the 60" crowd. No regrets at all.
The only problems I found:
- you can see uneven lighting when the screen is pitch black - though that does not occur very often.
- the video processing (to scale up content to 120Hz) could be better.

Dunno what panel it is. How can I tell?
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Baconnaise wrote:
Csimbi wrote:
Baconnaise wrote:
Csimbi wrote:

Don't be. It's pretty good actually and consumes the least power in the 60" crowd. No regrets at all.
- you can see uneven lighting when the screen is pitch black - though that does not occur very often.

Sharp AVs panel, a tad better then TN panel. If you would put lcd ips panel next to it, you would regret every dollar you spent on it.

edit: you can tell by looking at what panels sony uses in their TVs. They had a joint venture with samsung a while back, they both used (and still use) S-PVA panels, but that goes up to 40" or so, above that, from what I could find, sony uses sharp AVS panels for 50+ inchers.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Csimbi wrote:
Baconnaise wrote:
Csimbi wrote:
Baconnaise wrote:
Csimbi wrote:

Sharp AVs panel, a tad better then TN panel. If you would put lcd ips panel next to it, you would regret every dollar you spent on it.

edit: you can tell by looking at what panels sony uses in their TVs. They had a joint venture with samsung a while back, they both used (and still use) S-PVA panels, but that goes up to 40" or so, above that, from what I could find, sony uses sharp AVS panels for 50+ inchers.

What I know is that it's LED backlit.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is normal for LED back lit panels to have some faint light bleeding, comes with the territory I guess. However, it is usually far less annoying then CCFL back lit bleeding which manifests it self like large area spots of bleeding white light, often on more then one place.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't touch Sony anything with a 10 foot pole.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
well, $ony differs from m$ in regard to parts used only by themselves being a company from Japan. Other than that, they are like Apple, they take parts from various contractors and stamp their logo on the final product. There are some exceptions of course, but 90% of their products is not their tech at all. Same goes for m$ and some other companies. In the end, most parts come from Asia, from countries with cheap labor force. I've come to accept that long time ago.

It's nothing new, every company in the world has manufacturing done by other countries. We have fishing fleets that catch the finest langoustine, yet it is shipped 600+ miles down south then resold back. It's due to wages, mass shipping distribution around the world -it's cheaper as it's nearer the EU.
My point was M$ make $hit-all as regards TV's/Monitors because they don't know the first thing about quality. It would be shipped out to third-party to manufacture. Which they wouldn't do as they want 100% profit. That's why the XBox was about as reliable as a chocolate fireguard; you can't churn out a console that was half the price of a PS3, without cutting corners.
Likewise M$ were bad at backing Zune and the Windows Phone 7, it was a complete failure, they haven't a clue as regards handheld gaming, they can't and wont break into new territory. They stick to predicability.
I wouldn't buy into anything from them as they are control freeks and always have. $hit i will never ever forget the piss legal shit that came out of my first M$ Sidewinder 3D Pro joystick decades ago, "Before opening the box you MUST agree to M$ terms and conditions, etc,etc....." I was like, seriously fucking heavy SHIT. What if it's broken is it legal fights in court as you can't take it back, because M$ have spent MILLIONS on QC and it's OBVIOUS that YOU broke the product Mr customer.....
That day forever shaped my opinion of M$.
No wonder they are probably the most cracked and hacked company in the world with heavy handed shit like that. It wasn't even SOFTWARE!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: