Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

A gamers become a researcher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zolobad
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: A gamers become a researcher Reply with quote

hello gamers and the Gameguru Mania Community,

I love games all my life, and I still remember the very first game "Dune" in the Window DOS which I love it so much.

Well, even though I do play games everyday and night, (I still very remember my moments when I play Final Fantasy Tactics day and night for 2 days and the sound effects are just so nice), and paying attention to my studies in school, I become a Ph.D. students. Very strange, isn't it?

Now's the problem, I have no ideas what i would like to do on my research at all, and all the topics posted by my professors are quite "difficult" for me and not fun for me. I decided that I gonna do some research that is related to games and none other than that! and finally I am happy I found the concept of "gamification".

You may heard of it, but just providing brief background, gamification is the process of applying those crazily engaging game concepts, elements, thinking, and design and use it on non-gaming area. For example, applying in learning area so to encourage students to learn better since learning becomes more engaging and fun just like playing games.

In order to do this, I decided to conduct a mass questionnaire on answering a simple questions, "understanding why "we" gamers love playing games" ( I also don't understand myself)

I deemed Gameguru Mania as a amazing gaming community and has a huge reflexivity of its own community. Only if you are free and available, I hope for your favorable support and of Gameguru Mania community regarding this interesting question. I have done it myself, and I think gamers will have fun doing this survey. Not to hide from you, it will take you around 10 minutes to finish it. I would really appreciate your input and effort. There you go!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDFndEplNXFNOGhiRjFqbkR5eVdNTGc6MQ

If there is any question/comments/suggestions, feel free to ping me at [email protected]

Last but not least, thank you GGMania for your great services always.
zolobad
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone, I already received couple of responses after just posting it, thank you so much T-T
zolobad
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your support, the answer is very interesting and helpful for the gaming research community. thank you so much T-T. Feel free to try the survey if you haven't, hehe Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: