Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - Intel, Nvidia top Steam Hardware Survey [33342]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: TechNews - Intel, Nvidia top Steam Hardware Survey [33342] Reply with quote

Intel, Nvidia top Steam Hardware Survey - Unsurprisingly, Intel dominates, with a 72% slice of the pie.
Almost exactly half of Steam users have dual-core CPUs, while 38% are
running quads. The number of single-core users (7.5%) is more than
double the number with greater than four cores. On the g

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pickup tool looks like a visual fake to me, it was from 2011 & we haven't heard of it yet ?
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love my Google Nexus 7.
It's an amazing powerful tab and rocks as a quad core 3 integra games machine. It just eats processes. My laptop has become redundant! Laughing
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hardware Accelerating Everything: Windows 8 Graphics

I'm not sure that make sense.
I'm not sure that users will okay the HW-accelerated "Are you sure?" annoyance fest after seeing their electricity bill.
But, I'm sure I will skip Windows 8, so I fail to give a damn.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Absolutely love my Google Nexus 7.
It's an amazing powerful tab and rocks as a quad core 3 integra games machine. It just eats processes. My laptop has become redundant! Laughing

The Qualcomm chips outperform Nvidia Tegras by a huge margin. Nvidia is shooting for the mobile and low end segments of PC (think AMD competition) or has for awhile.

The Steam survey doesn't surprise me.

Comcast offering higher speeds should of been done years ago. We've had fiber for ages. The companies have been too greedy and complacent in the USA.

Atom tablets would be interesting. I think the $200 tablet market is the sweet spot to get in or already be in at the moment. I've got a nook color (older but has cm7 and cm9 support) that I flashed as soon as I got it. Runs most of everything just fine and works well as an e-reader too with mantano. Beats wasting money on a smartphone imo. Seven inch tablets feel like a good compromise all around. Screen size isn't too large or small to see what's going on.

Windows 8 can't say that I pay attention at all to it. Most likely will stay w7 unless whatever is after 8 is horrible. Ubuntu isn't bad and Steam with the games that I play become more of a reality then I'll jump ship. Hope Nvidia's deal with MS whatever it is doesn't last long so Linux gets some actual support from them.

The SWITL machine is damn interesting. Looks like it's a belt and just rolls backwards really fast as it feeds out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: