Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Shots [17682]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Shots [17682] Reply with quote

Here're some new screenshots of 
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, GSC Game Workd's upcoming first-person for publisher THQ. The game should be available in May 2005.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else notice that the textures or quality looks a little cut down from previous shots?
v1m

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, xxxx. And I've noticed that with quite a few games in the past year or two--it's easy for devs to float a lot of eye candy in the early stages, but not so easy to ship games that look that good... That said, I think STALKER will be twice the experience of Half Life 2. Give me open-ended game play over linear levels any day.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they may have just taken the pics with a different detail setting, or with a different card.
gordho
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or we are just not as impressed with what they are showing us now. the "shiney new game" factor is diminishing and you start to compare it to screenshots of other games in development that look even better.
Rasded
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a post era of HL2 and Doom3 its sad to say that STALKER is going to be a little dated in terms of graphics.However,the story and the characters will be enough to satisfy even the most hardcore gamer.Not to mention the fact of the huge enviroments.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To say the graphics are going to be dated is being a little presumptious.
I reckon most people will be surprised (in a good way) when the game eventually hits the shelves.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya dated kinda comments don't rub off on me? The graphics will be pretty damn good. But I've noticed lately the media of STALKER that the games graphics levels have diminished somewhat which kind of bothers me. It still looks good, but if you notice, the wrist area of STALKER's arm has become a little thinner as well.

I had the opportunity to play the Alpha of STALKER and the shots looking at scenery and stuff definitely appear cut down. As someone said, it could be true it's the graphics settings. I hope so. I'll still get STALKER one way or another because it looks to be quite original.

Has the beta begun for STALKER, if so I'm actually quite amused that I didn't get accepted considering my portfolio of games I've been a beta tester for..

I think STALKER will look just as good as HL2 though, graphically they look about the same.

What I really am tired of is just their announcements of new shots etc. I don't care unless it's a new movie showing game play. Seeing how it's been postponed so much, give me some better stuff.
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always loved the way Stalker looked, but with more and more beautiful games coming out and Stalker not coming out the graphics don't look as impressive anymore. I'm a Ukrainian myself so I'll support my fellow-countrymen in any case, still I'm afraid of the release date moving to middle-summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: