Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth [17719]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth [17719] Reply with quote

Built on EA's Command Conquer: Generals engine, The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth (BME) is a real-time strategy game set in the world of the Peter Jackson trilogy, based on the novels by J.R.R. Tolkien. The story for Battle for ...read a full review

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many players were you on the LAN, was it laggy at all? You seem to mention you can play a game for hours, did your game take hours and during that time did you experience slow downs in the game? Just curious. What resolution did you play at and what video card did you play it with? I don't want to buy another EA game without knowing this stuff first. Tell me what kind of machine you powered the game with. Please.
Venom1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best game i ever played...
Graphics and sounds are awesome!!!
I love war*z, but this worth every $$$ it costs! Wink

No general slowdown. (you !really! need 1 GB ddr)
Game works fine.
My pc: P4, Asus P4p800, 1Gb Ram, Radeon X800Se Eax 3.
Disable all unusefull services you have before playing this game.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys. Gonna skip it. Hx, you got a nice box, no doubt, to have slowdowns in SP there is no reason. You have one of the fastest processors and a damn good video card. And Venom, what speed of CPU do you have? I have 1Gb ram, thats not an issue. Only issues I have with this game as LOTS will have when they read on about this game is it is done on the Generals engine and there were LOTS of issues EA has since ignored. AI problems, serious lag issues in servers with 4 people etc. For these reasons I guess I'm gonna pass on this game. I think I'm gonna get Exigo. If this LOTR was made by anyone else than EA, I'd buy it but I don't trust EA when it comes to support. Thanks for a good review HX and thanks for your input. HX, if you can add how it played over the Internet, appreciate it. Most people don't play these games on a LAN but rather direct connect over the internet. Be valuable to people like me that don't like EA and want to make sure they don't make the same mistake again. Again, thanks guys. Game does look good. Just a shame EA is my least favorite game company.
Venom1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry forgot ...P4 3 GHz.
xxxx i have really no prob with this game (and C&C too)
Ai is quite good (on Hard mode) and the 2 solo campaigns are long and really beautiful.
Online the game has some lag...i must admit.
But i have so few time, that rarely i play game online.
MY SUGGESTION: buy this game and not EXIGO!
It's a totally waste of money!
Really boring game!!!!
A bad clone of Warcraft 3, and the graphics is not so good...
Really not worth even down*** cough cough. Shocked
Trust me.
I hate EA too, but this game is really great.
HX what about to give 90% to this game? Rolling Eyes
pvthudson01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

i would just like to point out that you would be a total moron for buying Exigo over this game

It would be a big big mistake

I have no problems running it, most complaints are from those that have no idea how to work their rigs

btw, Exigo is a joke
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I will get my wife to push me into the store. Laughing I think I'd have to be shoved to by the game. Razz I played Exigo demo I liked it, was kind of nice. Didn't remind me of Warcraft, but then I didn't care for Warcraft Shocked Played it for a bit and got bored. I might buy it, don't know. Seems good, but with my machine, Generals online played like crap all the time. Major slowdowns. I saw that timer so much it made me dizzy. Anyhow, thanks for the input. I'll consider getting it this weekend.
v1m

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: I got Exigo because I liked the demo, too. But as it turned out, the demo level was far more interesting and playable than the first several levels of the singleplayer... If you must buy it, get it on the cheap on eBay.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, ya I got LOTR afterall. Exigo, lots of boxes on shelves was kinda a indicator to me. So far I'm pretty impressed with LOTR. I like the fact it is their voices and the little clips that go on. I only played it for an hour or so but definitely looks like a fun game. Guess I will have to cut down a bit on HL2 while I play this. Tutorial was a little weak if i had to say anything negative. After watching all the tutorials I didn't know what to do when the skirmish started. But in time.... Thanks guys.. finally used my gift certificate and the game only cost me $8. Can't complain. Very Happy
libermanpg
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: I need help Reply with quote

Please

can u give me some cheats for this game. I canot find anyone!

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: