Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

ATI CATALYST Drivers v5.1 [17735]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: ATI CATALYST Drivers v5.1 [17735] Reply with quote

ATI has released
a new ATI Catalyst drivers (release notes /
download ~ 22.8MB) bringing them up to version 5.1. The package contains: RADEON display driver 8.09, Multimedia Center 9.03, Catalyst Control Center 5.1 (requires

.NET Version 1.1 Framework), HydraVision 3.25.0006, HydraVision Basic Edition 3.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh 6 months and still no fix for me, hey and no more requests for info from ATI in, hmm, 4 months. Thanks ATI.

Hey, I wonder if this version will detect my 9700 Pro? HAHHAHAHAHAA!!! Something broken since, hmm, how long has CCC been around? I am willing to bet ATI didn't design their card. I can't see how a company can continue to be some incompetant and not even write software that can detect their own hardware. LOL! If you have a 9700 pro and installed these drivers, please let me know if you still have to do the CCC workaround. I got Omega drivers right now. Probably best drivers for ATI hands down. LOL! A driver hacker is better than ATI as a whole, LOL! Sorry for rant, just getting tired of installing pointless driver updates from ATI.

P.S. I know .NET 2.0 would maybe fix it but it prevents my office stuff from working. I'm not defacing my laptop to make ATI drivers work. Thanks.
ASk
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you would've taken some time to RTFM, you'd know that ATI does not support their mobile series of cards (and if their drivers work with them out of the box - consider it a miracle and coming of the Messiah). Instead, the support is handled by the laptop's maker. So, instead of whining about ATI, whine about your laptop maker.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF are you talking about ASSK??? and who said anything about a laptop?? Holy man, gimme some of that greenstuff, cuz it obviously messes up your brain enough. I have a Radeon 9700 Pro. Mobile series? LOL! This is in a honker gaming pc! Get a clue ASSK.

After installing the drivers, CCC still doesn't initially detect my video card. Fantastic quality and support!! Woo, their OWN software, their OWN card and yet their software doesn't recognize the card. Is this what you want when you buy an ATI card? Think about it. This ASSk guy is funny though, talking without a clue, like most of the ATI community.

Can anyone point out where I said I had a laptop or a mobility video card?

P.S. I love the entry in the ATI programs group to restart the runtime! Classy workaround. LOL!
ASk
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

WTF are you talking about ASSK??? and who said anything about a laptop??

Quote:

P.S. I know .NET 2.0 would maybe fix it but it prevents my office stuff from working. I'm not defacing my laptop to make ATI drivers work. Thanks.

Hi, moron.

If you are going to flame somebody, do it properly next time, thanks.

P.S.

A few of the people I know use R9700 cards, and they work fine with CCC.
Looks like you are the one to blame, eh.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few people you know don't have problems with CCC. Oh ya, there's some incredible brilliance. Shame on me for not knowing a FEW people can run CCC. So since you know a FEW people that don't have the problem it's me. Gee wouldn't be that they are running .NET 2.0 BETA eh? Course not. You dumbass, ATI already knows of this problem. Why you think the restart runtime is there you MORON. Ya they put it there just for the hell of it eh? Get a clue you dumbass.

For those that have this card and this problem. The new drivers do not fix this problem. If you want to experiment running MS Beta crap, install .NET 2.0 to get CCC. As for me, I can't because I have some critical apps and they rely on .NET 1.1. It would seem as I was told a long time ago, until .NET 2.0 is used for CCC, all 9700 users with this problem wont see a fix. THIS IS OFFICIAL FROM ATI. Don't listen to this dumbass ASSk cuz he don't know a bloody thing. Just another stupid ATI fanboy without a clue. If ya don't believe me, save your time posting in their dumbass community and just email ATI support, you'll get your answer.
ryno252
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XXXX, just curious what your response is to ASk making you look stupid by pointing out(quoting you) that you did in fact say that you had a laptop. I suppose you could have forgotten to reply to it being as thickheaded as you apparently are. It's nice to see such intelligence in the world. And I can't wait for you to flame me b/c you don't know how to control your temper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: