Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

AMD Crimson Drivers Issue [40674]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: AMD Crimson Drivers Issue [40674] Reply with quote

PC hardware manufacturer AMD recently released brand new drivers for their Graphics Cards called Crimson which offered improved performance in certain games notably Counter Strike: GO. After a couple of days users are reporting bugs and glitches with the new drivers with the major one killing numerous GPUs. The Crimson

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
AMD handles this as the new drivers are killing Graphics Cards

Not only that, they kill games because their cards suck ass along with their drivers.
doodah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my drivers don't even have that on/off option - only a target fan speed which is a healthy 55%..
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question you need to ask yourself is "Why did I buy this hunk of shit instead of a real gaming and better dev community supported nvidia card". From a company to boot who doesn't give a shit about providing real non-windows OS's drivers. FFs even Intel supports non-windows OS's better.
doodah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it because it was the fastest card out at the time at a reasonable price. Screw other OS's as I don't run them - I'd rather they support the one I do run better!
Gaz
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up AMD after trying two cards in the last 6 years, they were all flagship. If I don't get driver problem, till will be hardware/design problem. AMD should stick with video games GPU and forget about PC gaming.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doodah wrote:
I bought it because it was the fastest card out at the time at a reasonable price. Screw other OS's as I don't run them - I'd rather they support the one I do run better!

Fastest card for what? A week? You bought it because it was cheap, game performance and stability with drivers was clearly an afterthought. Or you're still in denial.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaaand Tom is back making Koogle quality posts.
doodah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For ages - the 980 didn't come out looonnng after I bought the 290X and the Titan is still ridiculously priced.

I've had no stability issues in games other than when I was fiddling with the overclocking settings.

No idea where your rage comes from - did you buy a dud card? :p
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doodah wrote:
For ages - the 980 didn't come out looonnng after I bought the 290X and the Titan is still ridiculously priced.

I've had no stability issues in games other than when I was fiddling with the overclocking settings.

No idea where your rage comes from - did you buy a dud card? :p

No rage here, but nice try. I haven't touched my video card beyond installing drivers. Nvidia cards don't need to be fiddled with to work. Be a man and admit you bought it because it was cheap. Gaming and performance were an afterthought and you proved that part with your clock tweaking. Nobody needs a Titan unless you're driving a crazy ass big screen.

@El_Coyote, calling me Koogle is like calling me a dirty fucking Nazi. Don't worry F nut Koogle will be back as soon as there's MS news.
doodah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't cheap - I bought it the day they were released! Smile

Like I say, it beat nVidias 780 which was all they had at the time, hence why I bought it.

And why wouldn't you tweak clocks? I've done it with every card I've owned Very Happy
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doodah wrote:
It wasn't cheap - I bought it the day they were released! Smile

Like I say, it beat nVidias 780 which was all they had at the time, hence why I bought it.

And why wouldn't you tweak clocks? I've done it with every card I've owned Very Happy

Because I've never felt the need. I get +50 fps in most everything at high or higher depending on the engine. If it works, don't F with it. When the card can't cope in games, I'll buy a new one. Only thing I've ever overclocked was CPU (AMD64 way back) and I don't even do that anymore. For the gains you get it ain't worth overclocking. To me it's a sign your hardware is inadequate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: