Joined: 27 May 2004
|Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:08 am Post subject: New Xbox One System Software Update
|Microsoft is still working hard on optimizing and polishing the upcoming anniversary system software update for Xbox One, and they released a new system software update for preview members.
The update, numbered rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160720-1942, brings a rather large number of fixes. You can read the full patch notes below, directly from the private preview forums.
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160720-1942
Available: 6:00PM PDT 7/22 (1:00 AM GMT 23/7)
Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things to be aware of before you jump in.
• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…
• Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.
• Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.
• Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.
• We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.
Resolved an issue which could cause games with a large number of DLC (Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, Rockband 4, Rocksmith 2014) to take a long time to load.
Resolved an issue which could cause the Guide to crash while CAST is being used in the background.
• Installation progress for universal apps should now always display on the Home dashboard.
• Resolved an issue which could sometimes prevent universal apps from being installed.
• Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause a user in party chat to show as offline after closing the Guide.
• This build contains a fix to address a Guide and party chat crash while broadcasting with Twitch.
• The Guide should no longer fail to launch by navigating to the left on the dashboard or double tapping the Xbox button.
• Localization fixes for universal apps.
• Localization fixes for Home.
• Power & standby
Resolved an issue which could cause the console to crash when entering connected standby.
Resolved an issue which could cause a low resolution splash screen to display when launching universal apps.
You should now be able to purchase a Gamertag change on the console.
• When using Microsoft Edge in full screen mode, saying “Hey Cortana, go to <website>” should no longer cause Microsoft Edge to become snapped.
• Parents should now be able to adjust Cortana (speech) settings for child accounts.
• In-Game Purchases
When launching an in-game marketplace, a progress spinner will now appear while the in-game marketplace is loading.
• Game DVR
Resolved an issue which could prevent users from creating new game clips.
Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause Destiny to fail to launch.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
You may be unable to answer calls through Skype notifications.
You may experience a “Do you own this game or app?” error when launching or using Netflix if it was installed by another user on the console.
Workaround: While signed in as the primary user, uninstall Netflix, navigate to the Store, search for Netflix and select Free to download and install it.
• Purchasing a Gamertag change on the console is not functioning in non-US locales at this time.
• When selecting “Add new” to add a new profile, the add profile interface may take up to 30 seconds to appear.
When using a language Cortana does not support, you may still see references to Cortana in text.
If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home when that app takes its new app update. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.
• My Games & Apps
• You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.
• If a universal app version of an app is available, the version which is not currently installed may appear under Ready to Install (causing what appears to be the same app both installed and in Ready to Install).
• Community Calendar
Links to the Store in Community Calendar event details do not currently function.
On top of the update, preview members can also get their hands on the new Dailimotion app, giving access to the video service from the Xbox One. This follows the Weather app, that was released for preview members two days ago.
||All times are GMT + 1 Hour
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2666 phpBB Group