Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Alien Isolation was originally a third-person game [47175]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Alien Isolation was originally a third-person game [47175] Reply with quote

Alien Isolation is a survival first-person horror game that was developed by Creative Assembly and was released in 2014. The game quickly became a hit and is considered as one of the best Alien games to date. However, this game was originally meant to be using a third-person perspective instead of the first-person view

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely disagree with everything written above. :/
not scary, it's the only Alien game (AvP is not "alien game" ) and it was popular for 1 hour and people uninstalled it or didn't even care for another adventure survival game...
doodah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with your comment - it was definitely well received Smile
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compared to what?

"As of January 2015, Alien: Isolation has sold over one million copies worldwide according to Sega. As of March 2015, the game has sold over 2.1 million copies in Europe and the US."

compared to controversial and not very popular (not well received):

"How many copies has the division sold?
If we do the math, at an average price of $60, Ubisoft has likely sold as many as 5.5 million copies, though that depends how many people purchased the special Collector's Edition for around $100. “The Division taking the top spot in the industry for first-week sales of a new franchise is a tremendous achievement.Mar 16, 2016"

then:

"How many copies sold Fallout 4?
Bethesda's Fallout 4 sold 12 million copies and generated over $750 million in its first 24 hours at retail on Nov. 10.Nov 16, 2015"

and I could go into more popular games, but even compared to fallout 4, alien isolation sold badly.

PS. You know what "very well received" is? Fortnight, PUBG, CS:bullshit etc.
Just because Alien Isolation didn't FAIL, and you (any person) liked it, doesn't mean that it was "very well received". Hell, there are mobile games that were/are better received than Alien Isolation.

But hey, if "didn't fail" (fallout 76, generated 82% less than fallout4, meaning: made ~135 million $ first week) means it was received very well (Alien Isolation made roughly ~50 million for it's 1 million copies sold initially), even tho it made less money than games that failed. Sure, have it.
doodah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with comparing it to the games you listed is that they had massive marketing budgets Sad

Division sold well but was buggy for ages, Fallout76 is still a shitshow as far as I'm aware?

To me, it was sold and enjoyed, so well received - those above sold really well but people bitched and moaned for a loooong time about them, so not really well received..
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have used games that had billion dollar revenues, I didn't.
The Division is bad game. Fallout 76 is a fail, broken game. Fallout 4 is game that only certain people would play since it's not really very popular franchise if you are under 20...even 30...

That isn't fair? Well, I can't use kickstarter titles now can I? Smile Maybe I could use Star Citizen?

Whatever I come up with, it had better sales or similar sales, and no one said "they were very well received". Alien Isolation is not a bad game, but it's the type of game that is not very appealing to a lot of people. Like I said, it's just survival game. It is outclassed by Outlast and Outlast 2. If you were scared by Alien, you will scream from fear playing those two that I mentioned. Yet, those games had little to no marketing and sadly very few even heard of them, let alone played them. But again, they outclass Alien Isolation by a mile in every way.

PS: Alien Isolation HAD A HUGE budget and big PR presence. I bet they expected to sell 100 million copies, not 2. But oh well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: