Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Gaming mags taking bribes for early code? [16216]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Gaming mags taking bribes for early code? [16216] Reply with quote

TheInquirer is reporting that the forums user, who identifies himself as "Jell,"

states that gaming companies are supplying UK magazines with videogames in exchange for high review scores. He claims that the current big culprit is Atari with their newest super-hyped videogame, DRIV3R. Allegedly

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is terrible news, whats the point in reading a review if its just biased!!

thats prolly another reason why so many of us 'acquire' a copy because the reviews are so often wrong, and in these caes biased!!

At least we can be sure that HX's reviews arent biased Smile (thanks HX)
CoCaine
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this issue isnt new, been taking bribes for years.... only way some of these terrible games have ben getting good reviews...
tigermonk
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and that's why i come to ggmania Very Happy
v1m

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it. These rags are homes to fanboys-for-pay--whores with adjectives. More reason why we need hx doing his thing here, keeping it honest.
NOTHING
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC LAMER

Stopped reading that trash long ago.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, real shell shocker here kiddies. magazines taking bribes.. PC Gamer..cough cough.. old news, OLD news. man, i stopped buying magazines long time ago(lie i buy hardware magazines). i turned to internet sites, but even internet sites are predictable. i used to come here a lot for my reviews, but lately, they just aren't the quality of other sites. the most i come here for is just one central repository for this days events and laughing at the comments here. i certainly don't base my buying on reviews here anymore. i use several sites for my reviews and take the average. i read here on hx review of manhunt and it was decent though not very detailed and then read reviews elsewhere. had i just came here and listened to belly aching i would have never bought the game. but i based my buying on that game on gamespy and gamespot(ewww i know). both sites gave it better ratings and when they were criticizing points they gave more reason as to why. and tom had a point when he was coming here, hx tests these games with antiquated hardware. you look at some of the screenshots he takes, they don't give the games any justice. like tom said of BF:vietnam, HX criticized the graphics of the game, not a big improvement. HX what you got? a 4600? ya.. there's a graphical representation of the game. if you are going to evaluate games, i think one needs decent hardware. BF:V has amazing graphics and compared to BF itself, it's like a new engine. tom took screenshots from me and a few friends and we sent it to HX, HX didn't even post em? why? cuz tom was right graphics were better from our rigs? cuz he would have to change his review? for whatever reason he didn't post them instead sent a message saying he didn't get the pictures. but 'we' had a confirmation that the mail was received and he opened the email and we sent them in 2 parts. internet reviewers have lots of bias but magazines are worse, no surprise. you have to really pick and choose for your reviews if you don't want to waste your money. just my opinion.. i don't know. i come here these days mostly to laugh at the comments.
tigermonk
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't even think it really matters how the newest coolest games run on the latest greatest video cards because you know what? I CAN'T AFFORD THEM ANYWAYS. i want to know how they'll run and how good they will be on MY computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: