Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Intel Teases Its New Intel Graphics UI [47647]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Intel Teases Its New Intel Graphics UI [47647] Reply with quote

Intel has released a teaser video that shows off the new Intel Graphics UI with an announcement of uot;Coming this month.uot;

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't have decent consumer CPUs to upgrade to, they don't have manufacturing capacity to sell their junk, and their business is shrinking.
Do they really think they have a chance to compete with NVidia with just a flashy new UI?
lol
These guys are a lot more numb in the head than I thought...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a joke, I see nothing new, same shit UI as always. Or is this showing me a joke that now Intel offers game optimization? god help us.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
They don't have decent consumer CPUs to upgrade to, they don't have manufacturing capacity to sell their junk, and their business is shrinking.
Do they really think they have a chance to compete with NVidia with just a flashy new UI?
lol
These guys are a lot more numb in the head than I thought...

No, they are not. Everything you said is false (except the manufacturing capability to some degree. People saw ryzen not being what they expected and they now want intel, so demand is high. Intel is capitalizing on that and I expect a lawsuit against them soon ) . And you are not running a multi-billion dollar company, people in top of intel do. My point is: there is no way you know how to run business better than those guys do.

and ffs dude, stop looking at cinebench results. At best, AMD managed to catch up to intels 10 year old CPUs in the mainstream. Which is cool and I hope they don't bulldoze that and keep on going strong. But realistically, I don't see a point in upgrading to any Ryzen from my 3770K. That's intel for ya Wink

Also, this video intel released, meh. Looks like an ad for intel store and launcher GUI. My wast field field of fucks remains barren.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Everything you said is false (except the manufacturing capability to some degree.

I implore you, read real news.

Intel is having serious capacity problems because they failed with the 10nm technology and consequently, systems that should have inherited the 14nm technology have to share production lines with the regular PC market.
If there was a decent processor to upgrade to (10nm+good performance+affordable), it would have been possible to avoid the problem as a whole.
But no. It's only going to get worse.
You need not take my words for it, just read this for example:
https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20190308VL202.html?mod=2
There is a reason why the leaders jumped ship earlier; they knew this was going to happen...
Intel is going downhill, period.
You can keep telling yourself different, but it's not going to change the facts.

gx-x wrote:
And you are not running a multi-billion dollar company, people in top of intel do. My point is: there is no way you know how to run business better than those guys do.

Running a company into ground does not require much brainpower.
They failed, so now they will pay the price.
They will either recover or give the driving wheel to AMD for a few years now...
All I'm saying I don't think they'll recover. They dug a grave too big. It will take a few years to recover, that's my bet because they don't have anything to fill the whole with.
At least, graphics drivers won't get them that result...

We are all fucked - you, me and everybody else - who were waiting for a decent chip to upgrade to.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what "real news" say Csimbi, but I don't believe that. They and others had "floods" and crap puled many times. Does their 10nm failure requires them to raise prices the second time? Or maybe they are counting on this GPU whatever it is to cover what they loose on low end and mid end CPU profits?

And they are faaaaaar from the ground buddy, they have money to spare. HEDT and desktop is hardly their bread and butter. They have as much profits from all other branches of their business. Even if they loose ALL CPU sales, they are still loosing ~50% profits.

edit: I don't care if intel profits more or less. I never buy new cpus. It's not cost effective. CPU rarely dies, if ever, so getting ones that are now @150$ and under is fine by me. I am not a trend chaser or a huge monkey. Tho, this intel crap affects me too. I was planing on getting 7xxx intel but used ones are over 200$ now bcs of this, and they were around ~150 last year when I was looking. So you know, investing extra 70$ at this moment is better to go toward a better GPU, than CPU anyway.

Also look at ryzen 2 (3xxx series) AMD is rising prices (with useless core count). So much for the "good guy".

Also, jumping ships could be about many things. Bigger paycheck and conditions usually. If AMD is doing so well, why did Raja jump ship and went to intel? I'll tell you why - bigger paycheck.

edit2:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/intel-intc-q4-earnings-surpass-145802545.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAApXglVQc7C-NU0Vh9hZJLqll-MN3lF2Gur6HWhbi7cm_W7sQxltcTAfKhQACwjihdwoOzVk-9WUAwtjzQe6k8rGqcwmLSVcetZ2VBkQ_7ULVirYfWf7dRbZsHjK0UbGNleWzkaUQ35H7aAzRzXO_-LMzKnQZAwuxgP7_Xg3b2ec

as you can see, they are more than fine.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I do hope you will be right - I am one of those due for a CPU upgrade.
But the signs I am seeing are not looking good.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus, dude, buy whatever you feel like, it's never about that. All cpus are good atm, you cant buy FX AMD series over intel i5/i7 xxxx and call that a win. You do need to watch out for compatible RAM though, because, AMD is still AMD... (it's better than half-assed product but it's never the whole product like intel like it or not)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: