Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Apex Legends Cheaters Receives Hardware Ban [47686]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Apex Legends Cheaters Receives Hardware Ban [47686] Reply with quote

s cheaters that have gotten permanent bans on PC.

Hardware IDs. Just about every piece of hardware in your PC has a unique serial number or Hardware ID. Your network card has a HWID and a MAC address I believe. I'm not exactly sure how these are accessed or if they are easily spoofed, but that's the gist of it. They

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From changing the MAC address, reformating his PC, partitioning his PC’s hard drives, to factory resetting but he remains banned from playing the game.

Tried all the wrong things, lol
Maybe they should read up on what this HWID is and then a) swap the motherboard and b) install a fresh OS, preferably Windows 7 (alternatively, a Windows 10 will also do, but only with a new and clean product key).
That will do the trick.
Did I already mention I refuse to use Windows 10 because it tracks you in ways you have no control of? Well, there you go.

I hope he had decent HW and puts it on sale so I could buy it cheap, lol

One more thing. GDPR provides 'right to be forgotten'. Exercise this right and if you still can't create the account, sue the crap out of them.

BTW, take a mental note here: if you are buying a used motherboard, do get a certification that it is not banned.
KuBr0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really cheap trick there ... Only worse scenario would be if they were HW banning the GPUs lol ...

and no, you wouldn't be able to sue shit since guy got banned, service has been declined - there is no entitlement for this to be forgotten. GDPR got its tiny-font paragraphs too.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KuBr0 wrote:
really cheap trick there ... Only worse scenario would be if they were HW banning the GPUs lol ...

and no, you wouldn't be able to sue shit since guy got banned, service has been declined - there is no entitlement for this to be forgotten. GDPR got its tiny-font paragraphs too.

Dunno, those tiny-font paragraphs talk about public interest and establishment of legal claim - neither which are valid here (the interest is not public, there was not legal claim).
https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/
Did the EULA tell you they'll track both you and your PC permanently?
But, I don't care either way.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Quote:
From changing the MAC address, reformating his PC, partitioning his PC’s hard drives, to factory resetting but he remains banned from playing the game.

Tried all the wrong things, lol
Maybe they should read up on what this HWID is and then a) swap the motherboard and b) install a fresh OS, preferably Windows 7 (alternatively, a Windows 10 will also do, but only with a new and clean product key).
That will do the trick.
Did I already mention I refuse to use Windows 10 because it tracks you in ways you have no control of? Well, there you go.

I hope he had decent HW and puts it on sale so I could buy it cheap, lol

One more thing. GDPR provides 'right to be forgotten'. Exercise this right and if you still can't create the account, sue the crap out of them.

BTW, take a mental note here: if you are buying a used motherboard, do get a certification that it is not banned.

argh, dude Very Happy for the n-th time:

Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for chipping in, but you do know that won't work in this case, right?
Your HWID and your Windows 10 license are tied together.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment was solely about win 10 tracking. I have no thoughts on saving cheaters.
Wink

there is a crack for win 10 that spoofs the license. Maybe that would work, unless they snoop your motherboard HWID somehow. That should be illegal if done without your consent, cheater or not.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha.

Well, I'm sure you could do that by flashing a hacked BIOS, but I strongly advise against it.

Cheater or not, I am not buying anything from these greedy bastards.
Games went to Steam saying "Oh, we save so much money for the customers because there's no need to pay for the DVD, the case and the cover".
These days we pay far more and it's still not enough for them?
They want even more and on top, your own privacy and way of life?
Well, stay away from Steam then with your stupid games!
Your crappy titles are much easier to ignore if you are in a separate store.
Good riddance, all problems are solved in one go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: