Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

"Leaked" Xbox 2 spec no hoax, claim developers [16244]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: "Leaked" Xbox 2 spec no hoax, claim developers [16244] Reply with quote

The controversy over what will and what won't be included in Microsoft's second-generation Xbox console continued yesterday with the publication across the Net of

what is claimed to be an internal Microsoft whitepaper describing the console's specifications. The document discusses the three-core IBM PowerPC

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Rasded
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll make a bet after xbox2 is out for 2years someone will cracked it! Who knows,Could be the person that came up with it.Maybe he becomes discruntle @ Microsoft and sells the plans on the net for 1k..Nothing is fool proof.Whoever makes it,Someone can break it.I have been saying that for years.Shold ad that 2 my tag! I do afto admit they seem to be wanting to really have a beefed up rig on launch.Here is a funny thought.IMB is devloping PS3 proceeser 2.Whats gonna be the diff when these 2 rivals come out?
lucas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasded wrote:
Nothing is fool proof.

you're right but there comes a point where cost outweighs benefit. if MS uses this as a trial platform for TCPA and implements DRM on the die, its going to make cracking it 10,000 times harder than an xbox. can you imaging trying to alter the way a cpu goes about one of its tasks while not affecting the rest? not exactly a simple task, certianly not the sort of thing you'll be able to get done by some backyard electrical engineer. of course, all this would be assuming MS were actually competent while their track record shows otherwise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: