Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Battlefield 2 [19157]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Battlefield 2 [19157] Reply with quote

Developed by Digital Illusions, Battlefield 2 is the sequel to the highly successful Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield: Vietnam. Whereas the Vietnam game was developed by DICE Canada, Battlefield 2 is the home-brewed product of the original Swedish team.read a full review

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
wertmin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Nice game Reply with quote

Truely runs great with a powerful system
thejunglegod
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this game is crap.you need to be Bill Gates o be able to afford a pc with such high requirements.Whats the freaking use of tweaking all the graphics so high anyway?i know that things are supposed to look real et al but look at the screenshots.it still looks like a game to me.man i dont want to pay a bomb for graphic cards and a ram.have 768mb ram and i dont wanna upgrade it anymore cos half of it just never gets used up unless of course if u r playing battlefield 2.i dont want it man.....or simply i cant afford it.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The graphics are waste on system resources in this type of game anyway.
I play it full, but it's pointless since it's played like Quake! Everyone just runs around shooting anything.

1Gig of *fast* RAM is what you should have now if your a power gamer, sadly it's more about textures these days than gameplay.... Maybe best getting a next gen console -no upgrade required! Wink
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't understand why people give such a brainless game such a high score. BTW The graphics look too sharp and thus not realistic at all.
tub0rg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree the scores for this one are much to high, they still havent adressed a lot of the issues the design brings with it, eg baseraping vehicle camping, people who hide in the montains by ure base with a sniper, even though thats harder now with the shity sniper guns Smile
i see a lot of improvment compared to bf vietnam but pushing out a game all 2 years isnt helping the already small community of bf. and i still like desert combat more then this one.
Chode
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention EA's "anti-mod" sentiment against anyone serving a modified version of the game. Which is truly hypocritical, considering that this game is just taken from A MOD of the earlier game.

And what they did to Trauma Studios (original developers of Desert Combat) is even worse. After buying them out (and giving them jobs in Dice studios New York), they shut down Dice Studios New York office...hence stealing Trauma's idea then throwing them out on their ass.
DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
thejunglegod
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an fx 5200 too.guess itll work at the lowest details then.and again....whats the freaking point in that?
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game rocks man! The gfx are amazing on FULL detail and the game unbelievably kicks bf1942 butt totally. They did a great job even if the game still sports EA's name...I love people who whine about base campers. In war, are you gonna whine and complain when the enemy sneaks into your base? Get a clue. Even more funny is the servers that actually state in the MOTD no base camping.. oh really? so how do we capture the flag? Base raping vehicle stealing? Oh yes, I must remember when I am on foot and make it to the enemy base to kill my ENEMY that I should leave their vehicles alone! omfg... How much you wanna bet all the complainers here are tired of being owned... Stumpus, come on man...BF2 is a team game..Do you expect any and every joe to cover your back? Get a teammate then u got teamplay..Yes there's a lot of tourists out to try anything and everything, but I have been on many servers where I had people assisting and listening to the one barking out orders. As for your claim of BF2 wasting system resources. Have to agree with ya.. had same problem on demo.. Game chews up lots of ram and there is a possibility there is a memory leak like in the demo.. My hard drive goes nuts for a full minute when I exit the game.. Couple of patches are we're good to go I think...I was really impressed that they didn't cut the graphics in the game like that POS called Brothers in Arms I wasted my money on for another rehash of COD... COD2 I am waiting to see if the graphics in the actual game will live up to those I saw in screenshots. Look just too impressive.

Oh and I'm totally behind game developers dropping support for old cards! It's about F'ing time! If ur too cheap to upgrade, go get a console or something. Don't belly ache they aren't supporting your 4 year old card.
tub0rg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont give a flying fuck about gfx especially in an mp game, and its nice if you dont mind base camping because it so real, but i dont care for reallity either if its sacrifices gameplay, spawning in your base and being shot by a tank in half a second maybe more real (despite the fact that you dont spawn in a real war and you never ever respawn >P) but it just aint fun cause i couldnt have done anything about it. the only thing i enjoyed in the bf2 demo was the su and bombing people, and even though it was nice for me to bomb thoose poor bastards to hell while not getting shot down in like 90 minutes it wasent for them. i dont like the gameplay on foot and in tanks and the much much smaller view distance is crappy too, the commander thing is surly a good thing for clans and team play i dont like the idea anyway, i would have cut the gfx and give every one the vehicle he liked, like in dc no flyzone the engine and netcode of 1942 were defenetly capable of it. its nice for you if you like bf2 i dont a lot of people here dont and i doubt that the comunity will stay as bis as the roughly 6000 bf2 servers it has now.
about the gf4 thing i guess people are pissed off because the card is more then capable to render bf2 actually a lot of gf4600 cards have roughly twice the power of an 5200 but are only left out because of the shaders wich would be simple to fix but it wasnt done. and your attitude man gees u got some serious issue's. Smile
razmataz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would give this 8.5/10 (or 85 %) The gfx is the rocksors, the sound is awesome, nice music, great gameplay online, but i hate spawntime (which is usually 15 s) and some maps are too fucking big. i want 64 players on a 16 player map. (or is that already possible? *noob*)
i enjoy the shooting on foot and the varieties (sp??) of weapons and gear, though it's pretty boring after a while to fly copter, plane and drive tanks. if you meet one tank, you're helpless if you not anti-tank or have a nearby missile launcher. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: