Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Ground Control II: Operation Exodus [16258]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Ground Control II: Operation Exodus [16258] Reply with quote

There's no doubt that the original Ground Control was one of the first games to define the real-time tactical combat genre, and one of the better ones as well. For those who that don't remember the original Ground Control...read a full review

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
CaptStar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I tried this out, I liked it, but I think I'll still stick to Generals.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's kinda what i said about the first one, cool, but I'll play something else.
Jaradakar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: GC 2 Reply with quote

Well I loved Ground Control 1, WAY better than any C&C game. (C&C game's are not well balanced and usually a big re-hash of the same old thing). Also I HATE the resource collecting of C&C and most RTS's, as the game becomes a battle of who can kill who's resource collecting unit the best... very lame.

Ground Control 1, fixed all that, plus added armor faces (so the angle of attack matters). The game was just light years head of most other RTS's out there, and with no building and all unit movements it was pure fun and action right away. Way more of a tactical game.

My biggest complants with GC1, was that multiplayer games you could not set a limit to how many troops players would start with. Often you wanted to play smaller battles and while it could be done if both players agreed, it would have been nice to have that as a real option.

I've just started the tutoral of GC2, but so far it looks very promising.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: